BOOK FUN MAGAZINE - FREE READ

TED DEKKER & ERIN HEALY BOOK SIGNING AT LIFE WAY


New Book "Kiss" written by Ted Dekker and Erin Healy - It's a great thrill ride you'll want to take.


TED DEKKER AND ERIN HEALY


To my great surprise I met a fellow blogger in line. Her name is Kim Ford. The name of her blog is Window to my world and you can see it here http://berlysue.blogspot.com/. We both write book reviews for the Christian Fiction Blog Alliance. She drove all the way from Alabama to see Ted Dekker and Erin Healy. Wow!! She was so kind and I enjoyed her enthusiam. We had fun talking about books and authors.



This is Gail who was holding our place while I take some pictures. Gail and I drove an hour to see Erin Healy and Ted Dekker at Life Way. We wanted to be one of the first in line so that we would not be too late driving home. We stood in line about 30 minutes talking to others waiting. Feeling the excitment rising as we waited for the new writing team to appear.

The crowd burst out in cheers as Katie Bond, Ted Dekker and Erin Healy walked through the doors of Life Way. First thing they did was talk to the manager of the store. We all knew where Katie, Ted, and Erin had been before they came to see us. :D Starbucks cups were still in their hands. They took their time in greeting everyone helping with the event. Then Ted and Erin made their way over to the table where the book signing would begin.


I was intrigued as I watched Ted and Erin interact with fans and each another. One of Ted's fans had brought up a large movie poster showing Ted's new movie adventure called "House" (based on a book he wrote with Frank Peretti).

The fan asked "Are you pleased with this poster?" Ted laughed a little,smiled real big and said "What do you think?"

"I love it. I just wondered if you were worried about the design and stuff."

Erin piped up and said "The one thing I know he isn't happy about is the "R" Rating." Ted agreed. I'm sure we'll learn reasons for the "R" rating later. There was no talk about it from either Ted or Erin. "House" the movie had its theatrical run last fall. According to Katie Bond the movie is scheduled to go to DVD in April of this year.


Finally my chance to talk to this amazing team. I found out that Erin and Ted have had a working relationship for years. Erin has been Ted's editor on several of his books. Ted was encouraging Erin to sign some of the books too because she helped edit many of the books Ted was signing. Erin was shy about this and Ted laughed and encouraged her to sign the books too.

I asked Ted, "When is your book "Blink" being made into a movie? I had read you had started movie productions." He said with the economy being slow production of the movie has come to a holt. Sad to hear that. I really loved that book.


Gail posing with Ted and Erin


It was a delight to see Ted Dekker and Erin Healy interact with fans. It was something fun I didn't expect.


This is Katie Bond; Ted Dekker and Erin Healy's publicist. I could catch Katie's excitement via e-mails but it was more fun to talk to her in person. :D



Outside view of the Life Way store, the book signing was from 7-9p.m.


Marc is someone I have talked to on the phone for years, it was great to finally meet him in person. High back comfortable chairs were set out for the booksigning. A white shash lay on top of the table for authors doing book signings to sign. Ted Dekker and Erin Healy's names will sit beside another well known author Karen Kingsbury. The sash is a great idea and will be a treasure in years to come.

You'll definately want to read"Kiss" and be sure to look for their next book written together "Burn" and Erin Healy's solo book "Ill Will".

2 comments:

  1. This really was so much fun! Thanks Nora for the great post! I look forward to seeing you again before long! With that book club schedule, your life is going to be such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No fair!! How come I wasn't invited? I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE Ted Dekker!!

    ReplyDelete