BOOK FUN MAGAZINE - FREE READ

TINA FORKNER'S HUGE GIVEWAY OPPORTUNITY



Everyone will be entered to win an autographed copy of my next novel, Rose House, which comes out in May. The grand prize will be a basket of books chosen by me, my publisher, and friends. It will include an autographed copy of Ruby Among Us and I’ll list all the rest shortly, but in the mean time let’s get started:

So, this is how the works:

Write a post on your own blog (or leave a comment if you don’t have a blog) and tell me about a book that you have read or are reading that gave you a strong sense of hope.

You could give a mini-review of the book that explains just why you found the book to be hopeful.

If you want to write about how the book changed you, go right ahead.Please link back to this page in your post.

Please leave a comment here and include a link to your post!

Go to TINA'S BLOG to find out the bonus feature to the contest.

I’m looking forward to hearing about some great books. Deadline to post is Friday, February 20th.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Tina,
    First I'd like to say how inspiring your book, "Ruby Among Us" was. I loved it!
    Books are a huge comfort to me, and being disabled, I read alot and it helps get me through my RA "flare-ups" as well. I read before I started school, thanks to my Mother and have always loved to read. I read alot of genres, because I'm curious, and love learning about most anything, but inspirational fiction is my favorite. It never fails to soothe me, make me laugh and deepen my faith. There are so many wonderful books I could name, but I recently read Robin Jones Gunn, "Gardenia's For Breakfast" and it was a great book, about a mother and daughter, sort of at odds with each other.
    I've recommended it to many other readers in my life, as I usually do when reading a book that stays with me. I think thats why I enjoy Christian fiction...because it stays with you and makes you really think about what you've read. Thanks for entering me in your giveaway!

    Blessings to you and yours,
    Sandy

    Muzzley56[at]aol[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are so many books that I have read that give me hope. I am a very positive person and try to look at the up side of everything, even if it is the loss of my husband (not much up side to that, but God has a plan) or my son leaving the six women in his life with no male family member and joining the Navy (like I said God has a plan). So I always get hope from the smallest thing in the books I read.

    I am looking forward to reading your book and would love being entered in your drawing.

    Thanks,
    Gail Mundy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Gail and Sandy. I love hearing your stories! I would love, love if you wouldn't mind putting your commetns on my blog too so that everyone else can read them. It would be great to share!

    http://tinaannforkner.wordpress.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete
  4. A book that made a big impact to me is "In The Shadow Of Lions" by Ginger Garrett. This was my first real introduction to historical romance and that alone keeps a warm spot in my heart. Yet the part that changed me, is that Anne Boyeln has always been portrayed as a devilish woman and in Ginger's book she is portrayed as a women following God's word. What a change in perspective does to ones image of another. We should always remember to keep an open mind when viewing others, for do we really know....?
    Thanks,
    Darby
    darbyscloset at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete