BOOK FUN MAGAZINE - FREE READ

NORA'S FUN INTERVIEW QUESTIONS FOR LAURA HAYDEN


QUESTIONS YOU REALLY WANTED TO ASK LAURA BUT WERE AFRAID TO, SO I DID! :D

1. You find a magic lamp and a genie wants to grant you three wishes? What are your three wishes?



1) More wishes.





2) The wisdom to wish for the right things for the right reasons



3) unlimited wealth I figure with Wish #2, I’ll be able to do Wish #3 justice.



2. If you had to pick a TV "Reality" show to be on what would it be? Why?



I don’t watch much in the way of Reality TV (I like shows that hires writers openly) but I had to choose, I’d select Extreme Home Makeover because of them all the reality shows around, the end result is intended to make a real change in the lives of the recipients and I find the whole “Let’s build a house in seven days” concept fascinating.

3. Someone has just created an invention that will allow you to change one thing about yourself. First of all would you use the machine?
Yep



Second Once you decide to use the machine how would that one change look like in your life?




I’d make myself less short-waisted. Seriously! The reproportioning would make it far easier to find clothes and wear certain styles that I can’t wear.


4.What movie most impacted you as a child?

















The 5000 Fingers of Dr. T. It’s Salvador Dali meets Dr. Seuss. I saw part of the flick as a very small child and it scared the living daylights out of me. It didn’t help that I was a very young piano student and the movie was a child’s dream about being held hostage by an evil piano teacher. Despite my fear, I continued to take piano lessons until I reached college.

5. If you had 48 hours to hang out with anyone dead or alive in the history of the world/ who would you pick and why? What would you do?



I think I’d like to hang with Steven Spielberg for 48 hours. He’s a brilliant man and I’d like to see for myself how his mind works.



6. You are in a life threatening situation and you need someone to save you, who would you pick? (this could be any superhero, comic book, cartoon or movie character your choice).




Who else? Indiana Jones. The man can do anything, he’s intelligent, he’s easy on the eyes and he ALWAYS saves the day!(And he looks just like Harrison Ford, too!)


7.If you had to pick a super hero to be for 48 hours who would you be and why? (You are the author here you can mix and match powers and costumes. Ha!)





Superman. I’ve always had dreams about flying, but coupled with the fear of falling if I went too high. Because Superman is invulnerable, I could really soar and not have to worry about landing hard.


8. If money wasn't an object what would be your favorite restaurant to eat breakfast? What would you order? The same deal for dinner? What would be your favorite spot be for dinner and what would you order?




There’s a chain in Colorado called “The Egg and I” which besides having a cool literary title, also serves some might fine breakfast foods. I’d rotate my order around between their Berry-ola Oatmeal, their yogurt parfait, a big ol’ Bananas Foster waffles or scrambled eggs and bacon cooked dry.











As to dinner? My favorite restaurant is no longer, but given the magic, I would eat every night at Ollie’s Barbeque, late of Birmingham and have a beef plate, “half and half” (half inside meat, half outside), fries, a slice of their fantastic chocolate pie and a Diet Coke. Dang it! Now you’ve made me hungry and I CAN’T GET this any more!

9. What T.V. Shows were you most passionate about as a child? why? If >> you didn't watch TV what books were you favorite?




As a very small child, I loved Captain Kangaroo before school and after school, when younger, The Cousin Cliff show (local Birmingham show—the host of whom was just featured in the HBO special on Alzheimers) and when older, Dark Shadows. I would have been a TV-holic in my pre-teens if my parents had held me to one hour of TV a night. I planned that hour very carefully each. Of those carefully selected shows, my favorite was, of course, Star Trek.



I've discovered this crazy secular book called Zobmondo! I just had to ask you a question from this book to see what your answer would be. Here goes it, are you ready?

10. WOULD YOU RATHER(you have to pick one) Be forced to watch theSound of Music continously for 48 hours (OR) Drive cross-country with Barry Manilow singing on the radio the whole time? (tough Ha!)


Neither one make me cringe. Honest. I would probably select Manilow because according to sources, he’s recorded 406 songs. At three minutes per song, you’re looking at twenty-hours of material without repeating. That way I wouldn’t stagger out of the car, muttering, “Her name was Lola, she was a show girl...”

There are only 10 types of people in this world; those who know binary and those who don't.

THANKS LAURA; You are a great sport. Thanks for having fun with us today and letting us get to know you better. I LOVE your books. I'm excited to have you to book club next year. Hey everyone, make sure you go to - Visit Laura's website at http://suspense.net - she has so much there to check out.

Blessings on your writing adventures. Hope to meet you soon.

Sincerely,

Nora :D


***PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT HERE - ABOUT THE INTERVIEW FOR YOUR CHANCE TO WIN A COPY OF LAURA'S BOOKS. THEY ARE REALLY POWERFUL!! CONTEST ENDS JULY 19th***< .****DISCLAIMER: Entering the give away is considered a confirmation of eligibility on behalf of the enterer in accord with these rules and any pertaining local/federal/international laws.Void where prohibited; open only to U.S. residents, odds of winning depend on number of entrants*****/span>

11 comments:

  1. What a fun interview! I really enjoyed it. I have seen these books before and they sound like they are wonderful. I would love to win a copy. Thank you.
    carlyberd[at]yahoo[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed the interview. I am a Fox News and political junkie, so I can't wait to read the books. Thanks for introducing us to Laura, Nora. Tisha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man! Where did you find the picture of Mr. McClung at Ollie's??? That's the place and that's the menu board at the old location! What I failed to mention is that I'm the third of four generations of my family to have eaten there. I managed to introduce my kids to Ollie's before it finally closed. (But I can still get Ollie Sauce if I look hard enough!) Thanks Nora! Laura Hayden

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed the very creative interview and can't wait to read Laura's books. I've been a church pianist for 45 years and can say with Laura that it's never been a "job" for me. Thanks so much for all the time that went into this interview and the chance to win a copy.

    cjarvis [at] bellsouth [dot] net

    ReplyDelete
  5. If admit I remember Captain Kangaroo, would I be aging myself? He was my favorite growing up. Please add me to the contest.
    desertrose5173 at gmail dot com.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun interview! Captain Kangaroo was one of my favorite shows also. Please include me for the drawing. Thanks!

    worthy2bpraised[at]gmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  7. My husband is into politic-type discussions when we go visit either of our boys. I am not so much one to discuss the ins and outs of it all and usually stay on the sidelines. Here's my chance to get right in the middle of the politic discussion if I win these books because these would DEFINITELY be on the table for my husband and I to read together.
    We don't live in Colorado Springs but just 'over the hill' in a little town in the next valley over. I know what you mean, Laura, about people being friendly in Colorado Springs. I agree and have pleasant memories of when I've gone there myself.
    Good questions, Nora! I'm constantly amazed at people who can come up with them. Thanks for entering me in your drawing.
    Pam Williams
    cepjwms at wb4me dot com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the interview ladies. I look forward to the opportunity of reading one of Laura's books. I've seen them on the shelf and will have to pick one up. Haven't read a political story in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved the interview and would love to win!

    Gail Mundy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Betsy Hoffman Schaknowski

    July 15 at 7:18pm
    I was fasinated in your interview with laura Hayden. I liked her titles America Beautiful and Red, White,and Blue. Great interview!!!!

    comment left on facebook

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi

    I like this post:

    You create good material for community.

    Please keep posting.

    Let me introduce other material that may be good for net community.

    Source: Great interview questions

    Best rgs
    Peter

    ReplyDelete