BOOK FUN MAGAZINE - FREE READ

FOOLS RUSH IN by JANICE THOMPSON - REVIEWED













Fools Rush In
By Janice Thompson
Published by Revell
ISBN# 978-0-8007-3342-1
330 Pages


Back Cover: Bella Rossi’s life is just starting to get interesting. When her Italian-turned-Texan parents hand over the family wedding-planning business. Bella quickly books a Boot-Scootin’wedding that would make any Texan proud. There’s only one catch-she doesn’t know a thing about country music. Where will she find a deejay on such short notice who knows his Alan Jackson from his George Strait? And will Bella ever get to plan her own wedding?

Fun, fresh, and full of surprises, this flavorful combination of Italian and Tex-Mex highlights the hilarity that ensues when cultures clash.

REVIEW: Janice hooked me from the very first sentence, “If Uncle Lazarro hadn’t left the mob, I probably wouldn’t have a story to tell.” Ok, she’s got my attention, what about yours?

I didn’t realize how many similar events in my Italian up bringing were very much like Bella’s.. a grandmother who came from Italy and spoke broken English (only her dog could understand her), to may of the quotes she mentions the book like, ‘as long as there is life, there is hope…familiar sayings brought comfort on a chaotic day when I needed to believe, needed to hope.” Janice’s’ book brought back memories and family drama of my own Italian/American up bringing..

I loved how author described family gatherings and the food. It was always about the food. :D At my house it was about making the spaggitti sauce. We had to be trained in making the family recipe.In Bella’s world it was about the Pizza. Bella’s uncle owns a pizza shop and he’s always looking for new ideas and names for his creations.

Janice had many funny scenes like the pizza bake off. Bella brings over a cowboy and her uncle pits him against Bella’s x-boyfriend Italian stallion. Her cowboy friend says this to Bella, “B-but, I’ve never made a pizza in my life,” D.J. Stammered. “Wouldn’t even know where to start.” I could read the fright in his eyes. My invitation hadn’t included the words, “Bring your dueling pistols.” I’d simply asked him to come for some pizza.

This was a fun romantic comedy I’d love to see made into a movie. Thanks for the memories Janice!!

Nora St.Laurent
ACFW On-Line Book Coordinator

Visit the Revell Publishing website to read an excerpt, learn about the author HERE

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the sweet review! I'm glad you liked the book. Just wait till you see what happens next!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an interesting book, especially since food is involved!

    Gail Mundy

    ReplyDelete