BOOK FUN MAGAZINE - FREE READ

BOOK CLUB ENCOUNTERS - FEATURNING AUTHOR SUSAN PAIGE DAVIS BOOK CLUB EXPERIENCE


SUSAN'S BIO: (Found on her website) I'm a native of central Maine, and grew up on a small farm with a wonderful mom and dad, three sisters and a brother. Most of my books take place in small towns, many of them in Maine.

My husband, Jim, and I moved to his birth state, Oregon, for a while after we were married, but decided to move back to Maine and be near my family. We're so glad we did. It allowed our six children to grow up feeling close to their cousins and grandparents, and some of Jim's family have even moved to Maine!

Our children are all home-schooled. The two youngest are still learning at home. Jim is an editor at a daily newspaper.

I've always loved reading, history, and horses. These things come together in several of my historical books. My young adult novel, Sarah's Long Ride, also spotlights horses and the rugged sport of endurance riding, as does the contemporary romance Trail to Justice. I took a vocational course in horseshoeing after earning a bachelor's degree in history. I don't shoe horses anymore, but the experience has come in handy in writing my books.

Another longtime hobby of mine is genealogy, which has led me down many fascinating paths. I'm proud to be a DAR member! Some of Jim's and my quirkier ancestors have inspired fictional characters.

Our faith is important to us, and we're active in a small, independent Baptist church. Right now Jim is a deacon, and I'm the church's financial secretary. The Lord has blessed us richly through our wonderful church family.

Thanks for stopping by Susa. Can you tell me of your fondest book club experience?

Nora, my most touching book club experience was when a woman from West Virginia contacted me. She loved my first military themed book, Frasier Island, and her book club of about 12 women was reading it. They were all Navy wives. Now, don't ask me what their husbands were doing in WV--I expect it was top secret, since last time I checked we didn't have Navy ships in WV. They loved the hush-hush secrets in Frasier Island, and were thrilled to find a Christian suspense novel that was such a great fit for them. Since then, I've made it my policy to provide the leader's book and another free "door prize" book if a book club reads one of my books.

Thanks for having me on your blog, Nora. Good Question!


Susan Page Davis
www.susanpagedavis.com

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like a really great book. I can see why the Navy wives enjoyed it!

    Gail Mundy

    ReplyDelete