BOOK FUN MAGAZINE - FREE READ

BOOK CLUB ENCOUNTERS - AUTHOR MARGARET DALEY



MARGARET DALEY BIO:

I’ve been writing for twenty-five years. I started in the late 1970s writing because I wanted to see if I could put a whole story down on paper. That book is still in the drawer and will never see the light of day. Soon after I met with some writers once a week, we went over each other’s work. I sold her first book in the early 1980s and have been selling ever since.

I love to tell a story. Ever since I was a little girl, I made up stories while playing with my dolls. On long trips with my family I would weave a story about the surrounding countryside. From those early beginnings grew a love of entertaining people with a story.

When I went away to college, I met my husband, Mike, who I’ve been married to for over thirty-five years. He is my support and my best friend. I’ve always felt I was the luckiest woman the day I bump into him on campus.

When we married, we moved to Oklahoma where I finished my degree in Special Education and began teaching. I still teach today and love working with students with special needs. They help me remember what is important in life. I also participates in Special Olympics as a coach with my students.

Upon discovering the burgeoning inspirational fiction market, I’ve enjoyed weaving an extra element into my books--faith. I now specialize in telling tales centered on Christian principles, showing my readers through a wealth of warmhearted everyday characters how important God can be in sustaining us when life gets rough.




Which do you prefer? Live, on the phone, or the on-line author chat? Why?

One of my Love Inspired Suspense books was featured on the ACFW on-line book club (American Christian Fiction Writers)I really enjoyed my experience.

I've only done the online book club and on-line author chat, so it's hard for me to comment on my preference. I do like online chats. They are fun.

Please describe a book club experience that really moved you, encouraged you. Why did it touch you?


When people talk about my characters as though they were real and had come alive for them. That's the way I see them.






What surprised you most about doing the on-line book club chat?



Trying to keep up with the questions and making sure I answered everyone's questions.
What do you like most about the book club experience?

As a reader I love discussing a book--what I got from reading it. As an author it's neat to see that my words have touched someone in a certain way.

Did you get an unexpected reaction to a book your read? Didn't expect your audience to find something on one of your books or react they way they did?



I was thrilled that several people told me they didn't figure out who the villain was until I revealed him. I love writing a mystery within a suspense. I work hard to keep the reader guessing who did it.

I have a November Love Inspired and a December Love Inspired Suspense.


Thanks Nora,
Margaret Daley

Thank you Margaret, for stopping by and talking about your book club experience. I'm glad to know you a little better and its beem great to discover your books.

Blessings to you on your writing adventures.

Nora :D
ACFW Book Club Coordinator

2 comments:

  1. I love Margaret Daley's book. My favorites are Heart of the Amazon and When Dreams Come True. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Vickie. And thanks, Nora, for hosting me.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete