BOOK FUN MAGAZINE - FREE READ

WHAT AN HONOR TO WIN THE SCRAP AWARD


Katy at A Few More Things bestowed upon me the Honest Scrap award this week! I’m So excited. Love Katy’s enthusiasm and the fact she checks out my author interviews and leaves good comments. I’m honored and quite surprised to receive this. Thanks for the recommendation and the award.

Here are the RULES for this AWARD:
• This award is bestowed upon a fellow blogger whose blog content or design is, in the giver’s opinion, brilliant.


• When accepting this award, you must write a post about it, including the name of the person who thinks you deserve such acclaim, and link back to the said person so everyone knows she/he is real.

• Choose a minimum of seven blogs that you find brilliant in content or design. Show the blog names and links and leave a comment informing them that they were prized with the Honest Scrap award.

• List at least ten honest things about yourself. Then pass it on!

TEN HONEST THINGS ABOUT MYSELF:






1. I am a book club leader of three book clubs. Two live and one that is on line, only by the grace of God and his helpers.


2. I’m dyslexic, diagnosed at age 26.

3. I didn’t read growing-up as a child. I tried to catch up on reading children’s books when I read them to my three children.

4. It wasn’t my idea to run book clubs. I didn’t seriously start reading for pleasure until 6 years ago, when I started working at a Christian Book Store .

5. I’m reading more books now than I have read in my whole life. I’m lovin’ it.

6. I truly love interviewing authors and hearing the fun things that happen to them along their book creations, like brainstorming, writing and the publishing process.

7. I get so excited and I really enjoy it when authors speak at book club. I see how they react in the book club environment, when talking to a group of women that have read and discussed their books before they got there. Fun!

8. I love quilts and I also love to make quilts. Hardest part for me is picking out the colors for the quilt.

9. One of my favorite children’s picture books is called The Quilt Makers Journey by Jeff Brumbeau and Gail de Marcken - Pictures in side are beautiful and I really believe in the message of this book.



10. Exercise is a necessary evil. I hate to do it but feel so much better when I’m finished. My treat is the whirlpool afterwards!






SEVEN BLOGGERS I ENJOY - I've sent this award to:
Margaret at CREATIVE MADNESS http://cherryblossommj.blogspot.com/- beautiful site-informative in many areas.
KELLY At SCRAMBLE d DREGS http://kellyklepfer.blogspot.com/- creative brings a smile to your face and makes you think.
STORMI at BOOKS, MOVIES, REVIEWS! http://writesthoughts.blogspot.com/ Like her logo- you never know what she’ll review next. Fun
ROBERT WHITLOW at http://www.robertwhitlow.com/robertwhitlow.html Love how his site sparkles—one of my favorite authors. I have to brag—LOVE his stories.
INKWELL INSPIRATIONS http://inkwellinspirations.blogspot.com/ beautiful and informative
JANE at WINNING READING http://winningreadings.blogspot.com/she is up on the latest give away –love checking out her site.
MIMI at WOVEN BY WORDS http://wovenbywords.blogspot.com/ beautiful site—very informative. She talks about so many things. Love to go here.

Thanks again, Katy!! I’m excited for everyone to check out the blogs that I’ve recently gotten to know and enjoy. HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL!! We have so much to be thankful for!!

BLESSINGS
Nora :D
Finding Hope Through Fiction and Beyond

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for making my day! Love your blog too - I always look forward to all the photos you include in your interview posts...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Nora. What a nice compliment. I happen to be a fan of you, too. I'll have to think a bit before I post. I didn't know most of those facts about you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nora, thanks for my award. I posted it tonight on my blog.

    Have a blessed Thanksgiving,
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Thanksgiving Nora! I'm thankful for your friendship!

    Gail Mundy

    ReplyDelete