BOOK FUN MAGAZINE - FREE READ

FRIDAY NIGHT AT THE MOVIES - TO SAVE A LIFE


NEW FEATURE ON MY BLOG:

Movies are not Fiction books? Isn't your blog about fiction books? YES!! But I've seen so many good movies lately I have to shout it out.  I'd also like to hear what you all think about these movies. I'm going to rate them as if you should see them in the theatre or not. I know that movies are expensive--one of my children work at a movie theatre so I have the privilege to see more movies in the theatre than I have in my entire life. I guess I'm making up for lost time. Ha! Ha!

Thanks to Stormie who interviewed me and got me really thinking about my blog. Here question ,"Do you have a regular feature?" No! I really didn't. I hope you enjoy this feature as much as I have bringing it to you. FRIDAY NIGHT AT THE MOVIES will be posted every Friday. I'd like to hear from you. If you've seen the movie I'm talking about let me know what you thought of it. This way you can join me on Friday Night at the Movies.

The first movie I'm going to talk about is TO SAVE A LIFE. My kids and I just saw it this week. Wow!! They get into the nitty gritty of what life can actually look like in High School. It's no sweet High School Musical that's for sure.

Here is the Movie Trailer



This is a good message about what live is all about. Where are any of us headed? Life can get really hard very fast, then what do you do? Who do you turn to? Do you really have any friends when the fun is overm life gets messy and it hurts?

The message of this movie reminded me of a candle light service where the room is completely black, then there is one light. Then that light touches another and lights the next candle and the next. Soon, the entire room is filled with a glowing light. It only takes a spark to get a fire going. It only takes one to tell you ,"It's going to be ok!" There is hope!! We CAN make a difference. One person at a time. Is it easy? No. Do we need each other? Yes. Is it worth it? Everyone is worth savng--fighting for--everyone!!

What do you all think? Have any of you seen this movie? This movie didn't hold back about showing a few things our teens face today. Do any of us really think about our actions and how it affects the people around us? This movie helps you see the invisible people. They matter, we all matter. This movie made me think about slowing down and really looking at and connecting with the people in my life. It takes time. It takes courage, it takes reaching out.


The book form of the movie is already in the book store. The movie will not be in theatres long. I'm not sure when they will start selling this movie on DVD. It's definately worth a movie rental. This book is on book shelves and takes the message deeper than the movie can take you. Go to the official movie website to check out he other resources available. http://www.tosavealife.com/

Can't wait to hear from you!!


SYNOPSIS:

Jake Taylor has it all: friends, fame, a basketball scholarship and the hottest girl in school. What could be better? Enter Roger Dawson. Roger has nothing. No friends. No hope. Nothing but putdowns and getting pushed aside. Things couldn't get worse...could they? Jake and Roger were best friends when they were kids. But the politics of high school quickly pulled them apart. Now Roger doesn't fit in Jake's - or anyone's circle - and he's had enough. He walks onto campus with a gun in his pocket and pain in his heart and makes a tragic move. Jake's last-ditch effort can't stop Roger, and the sudden tragedy rocks Jake's world.

DETAILS
Runtime:2 hr
Release Date: January 22, 2010
MPAA: Rated PG-13

Starring: Randy Wayne, Deja Kreutzberg, Robert Bailey Jr., Joshua Weigel, Kim Hidalgo, Sean Michael Afable, Bubba Lewis, Steven Crowder

Director: Brian Baugh
Genre: Drama
AMC Movie Rating: 4 stars

1 comment:

  1. I'd not heard of this movie - and I see a ton of movies in the theatre! Sounds intriguing.
    And what's wrong with posting a movie review now and then? I post one every single Friday!

    ReplyDelete