BOOK FUN MAGAZINE - FREE READ

FRIDAY NIGHT AT THE MOVIES - BLIND SIDE


SYNOPIS- From AMC Theatres.com


Teenager Michael Oher is surviving on his own, virtually homeless, when he is spotted on the street by Leigh Anne Tuohy. Learning that the young man is one of her daughter's classmates, Leigh Anne insists that Michael -- wearing shorts and a t-shirt in the dead of winter -- come out of the cold. Without a moment's hesitation, she invites him to stay at the Tuohy home for the night. What starts out as a gesture of kindness turns into something more as Michael becomes part of the Tuohy family despite the differences in their backgrounds. And, as the family helps Michael fulfill his potential, both on and off the football field, Michael's presence in the Tuohys' lives leads them to some insightful self-discoveries of their own.


















This is Michael Oher and his adoptive family - Proud moment

DETAILS:

Runtime: 2 hr 6 min
Release Date: November 20, 2009

MPAA: Rated PG-13

Starring: Sandra Bullock, Kathy Bates, Tim McGraw, Ray McKinnon, Quinton Aaron, Ashley LeConte Campbell, Eaddy Mays, Irone Singleton

Director: John Lee Hancock

Genre: Drama

My Take On the Movie:

I hadn't seen or heard any of the hype about this movie before I went to see it, so I didn't know this was based on a real life story. A story that is still being played out today. The events in the movie didn't happen long ago. I am a huge fan of Sandra Bullock and think this is her best movie. Sandra really looked good as a blonde, I don't know why I was surprised, she is so vercital in the parts she plays.

Funny, The whole movie I kept thinking the man that played Sandra's husband looked familiar but couldn't recall who he was. Then when the movie credits rolled I saw it was Tim McGraw--country singer. Ha! Ha! He was good in this part.

This movie was definately a story of hope, healing and victory. It's also showed one family's willingness to unconditionally love a boy who was deemed unloveable and a throw away by society. There was one part of the movie where a situation is brought up that makes you wonder about the adoptive families motives for adoption. The issue is brought up evaluated and soon resolved. It's a story you won't forget. Here are two clips I thought you'd enjoy. This movie is a keeper. If you haven't seen it in the theatre go and rent it.


The first clip is where every star in the film is interviewed. They all gave their opinion of what it was like to make this movie and interact with the real family. It was fun to see all the cast interviewed at one time. Fun!!




This clip has Michael Oher and his adoptive family being interviewed. Its fascinating. This story is still playing out. Great to hear his side of the story.

Michael Oher won't forget where he came from, or the loving family that took him under their wing. For more college sports coverage, log on to www.cstv.com/videos.



Have you seen this movie? Tell me what you thought? This movie touched me deeply.

2 comments:

  1. FaceBook Comment
    2/6/10 5:13p.m.

    Excellent movie! Rick and I loved it!

    Macy Chatneuff Ruiz

    ReplyDelete
  2. I work at an AMC movie theatre and I promote this movie every opportunity I get!!! I love love love this movie and I can not wait to watch this movie win awards at the Oscars!! This movie speaks to every generation in some form.

    Such an awesome family friendly movie and I hope it continues to sell out in theatres nationwide.

    ReplyDelete