BOOK FUN MAGAZINE - FREE READ

TOP 5 BOOKS 2009 - VOTES ARE FINALLY IN

In 2009 Finding Hope Book Clubs read 14 books. Two of my book clubs Voted on the TOP FIVE Books they LOVED the MOST out of the FOURTEEN we read !!  The results are finally in.


THANKS to the many authors that have stopped by this year. It was a honor to meet you, hear your testimony and learn how you caught the writing bug. We look forward to reading more of your books in the future.


BLESSINGS and CONGRATS to the Top FIVE!!


Sincerely,


Nora
Finding Hope Book Club Leader

ORIGINAL SIN VOTED #1 Book by my book club members for 2009





ORIGINAL SIN
by Brandt Dodson












We had the honor of listening to Brandt Dodson speak "Live" at our book club. We all loved the main character of this book. He was real, gutzy and reminded me a little but of a Columbo kind of character. This is the first book in the series. It's filled with action adventures with a spiritual thread that is honest and refreshing.



VOTED # 2 Book for 2009
LIFE SUPPORT

By Robert Whitlow

We spoke to Robert Whitlow on the phone. It was great fun. Robert writes a little like John Grisham but has a strong spiritual thread. He's a lawyer by trade and writes suspense legal thrillers. This book will keep you at the end of your seat turning pages until the end when you will scream, OH, NO!! There's a sequel. I have to tell you that both books are fascinating, suspenseful, and have a strong spiritual thread. The sequel Life Everafter is just as good if not better than the first book.


VOTED #3

ANATHEMA
by Colleen Coble

Colleen has something unexpected come up that interrupted her travel plans for 2009. I missed her speaking to my book club's "LIVE" but we were able to speak with her on the phone and had a blast. Can't wait to meet her and have her speak at my book club "Live". It's going to be great! We enjoyed her Amish suspense story and all the quilts she talks about inside. I even had a mini-quilt show after we discussed the book.






















VOTED #4

LOVE STARTS WITH ELLE
By Rachel Hauck


It was fun to have Rachel Hauck speak to both of my book club in January of 2009. We all enjoyed her book and the fact that we could ask her questions about some fun moments in her book. We had tons of fun. She was open, honest, we prayed together  and enjoyed hearing how she caught the writing bug.






















VOTED #5

A PASSION MOST PURE
By Julie Lessman

It was great fun to finally meet Julie Lessman in person and have her speak to us at book club. We've talked via email for so long. It was a blast to meet face to face! I was deeply touched by Julie's testimony and could see the passion she has for writing historical romance stories. Julie is a real treasure.
 
 
We had other guests stop by to meet my book club members and many other authors we spoke to on the phone. We enjoyed them all. Thanks for being available to us and letting us get to know you and you books better.
 
Until Next Year!!
 
Nora :D

4 comments:

  1. WOW, Nora, I am THRILLED to make the top five in your vote!!! Nice way to kick off a weekend, for sure. :)

    And congrats to the top four -- winners all, in my book!

    Hugs,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I'm thrilled too! Thanks so much Nora and readers!

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brandt Dodson to me
    5:03 PM

    Wow! This is quite an honor and wholly unexpected.
    And I had a great time visiting the book club. Thank you for having me.

    Thank you for letting me know, Nora.

    Brandt

    ReplyDelete
  4. Colleen Coble to me
    4:21 PM

    Oh yay!!!! I'm so honored!!

    Sent from my iPhone

    ReplyDelete