BOOK FUN MAGAZINE - FREE READ

CATCHY COVER OF WK- MEDICAL ERROR by RICHARD L. MABRY, MD


Ok, Does this cover catch your eye or what?

I haven't seen this on the book shelf at work yet --I got this one in the mail. I've received an ARC copy because I signed up for the tour of this book with First Wild Card tour and Abingdon Publisher. I wanted to read a book by this author Richard L. Mabry, M.D.

Ok, what does this cover say to you!! Do Tell!!


WHAT THIS COVER SAYS TO ME:


OK, the blue instrument is slicing something,which made me think this could be about surgeries and how mistakes happen before, during or after them. I see the heart rate machine on the bottom and then a peak into the person they might have messed up.

I’m no stranger to hospitals and surgeries for many reasons I’m not going to talk about here. But I thought it was silly when I had read where people mark body parts that need to be operated on. I’m thinking doesn’t this Dr. know his patients? But when my little son went under the knife at a teaching hospital I learned so many things.

1. The Dr. has operating privileges at a hospital. It’s not his exclusively. Other Dr.’s use this place too.

2. The Dr. may work with different people each operating day. He may be unfamiliar with nurses and other staff helping get their patient ready for the surgery that day.

3. There were 4 different nurses checking different aspects of the surgery all asking very similar questions. One even came in with a pen and marked the hand that needed to be operated on. After seeing so many different people in a huge hospital I have to say it was comforting to have the X in the right spot. I felt comfortable the Dr. knew the right hand to cut.

4. The Dr. had so many different surgeries scheduled for his day in the operating room it made my hair stand. I guess if that’s what you do all day, three days a week you get used to it. I know that one day in the hospital at a time is enough for me. :D

I just want to say I’m very thankful that God gives us all different gifts and that I will not be called upon to be a Dr. or a Nurse they truly have unbelievable jobs and long hours. They see so much. I can’t thank them enough for doing what they do and doing it well. But my guess is that in this book we’ll hear about their bad day, a day they’ll never forget. I’m just saying!

Ok, Are you ready for me to give you the back of the book blurb? I haven’t seen it yet. We’ll see it together.

MEDICAL ERROR
By Richard L. Mabry, M.D.
Published by Abingdon Press
ISBN# 978-1-4267-1000-1
287 Pages

BACK OF BOOK: Dr. Anna Mcintyre’s life was going just fine until someone else started living it.

Here patient dies because of an identity mix-up; her medical career is in jeopardy because of forged prescriptions; and her credit is in ruins. She thought things couldn’t get worse, but that was before she opened the envelope and saw a positive HIV test with her name on it.

WOW, OK, not what I thought at all. Definately BETTER!! Mysterious!! Powerful! Intriguing! Boy was I wrong about this book cover. Ok, Stop laughing!

Here is a peak at the FIRST book in the Prescription for Trouble series. Richard L. Mabry, M.D. has written.

Each one of his books has a very catchy, haunting book cover.



CODE BLUE
By Richard L. Mabry M.D.
Published by Abingdon Press
ISBN# 978-1426702365
288 pages

BACK COVER:

In the first book of the Prescription for Trouble series, Code Blue means more to Dr. Cathy Sewell than the cardiac emergency she has to face. It describes her mental state as she finds that coming back to her hometown hasn’t brought her the peace she so desperately needs. Instead, it s clear that someone there wants her gone...or dead.

Cathy returns to her hometown seeking healing after a broken relationship, but discovers that among her friends and acquaintances is someone who wants her out of town...or dead. Lawyer Will Kennedy, her high school sweetheart, offers help, but does it carry a price tag? Is hospital chief of staff Dr. Marcus Bell really on her side in her fight to get hospital privileges? Is Will s father, Pastor Matthew Kennedy, interested in advising her or just trying to get her back to the church she left years ago? When one of Cathy s prescriptions almost kills the town banker, it sets the stage for a malpractice suit that could end her time in town, if not her career. It’s soon clear that this return home was a prescription for trouble.

I don't know about you but I can't wait to dig into reading these book!! Happy reading. Tell me what you think.

CAN YOU REALLY JUDGE A BOOK BY IT'S COVER - Well I didn't do very well. What about?

2 comments:

  1. Nora, I'm glad you like the covers for Medical Error and Code Blue. I think the people in the art department at Abingdon did a great job with them. Hope you enjoy the books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. FACEBOOK COMMENT

    I just got Code Blue yesterday from the library, but I have to wait until I've read The Hearts Journey Home first before I read it :) The cover definitely drew me in.

    Anne Payne

    ReplyDelete