BOOK FUN MAGAZINE - FREE READ

TWIN TOWERS DISAPPEARED 9 YEARS AGO - OUR COUNTRY UNITED


I can't believe it's been 9 years today since the attack happened on America soil.  But I'll never forget that day. I had just taken my son to the Dr's and was in Target getting his perscription filled.  I had my other two children with me because I was going to take then to school after the Dr's apt. I was near the video section in the store near the TV's when my cell phone rang. My husband said, "Where are you?" I replied "In Target." He told me the first tower had been hit. Just at that moment when I was getting to a TV to watch the news the second tower was hit. Both my husband and I let out a gasp. My husband then said, "I'm leaving work. If today is our last day I want to spend it together as a family."

We lived in Florida at the time near Patrick Air Force base, Disney World and NASA.  We weren't sure if or where they would attack next. After watching the events on TV over and over again we talked about death and what would happen next. My daughter had asked my older son if he had accepted Jesus into his heart. He said that he wasn't sure if he had or not. So after a long discussion about heaven my son decided he wanted to accept Christ into his heart and know that we would all be together for eternity.

Our lives have never been the same after that day,  as a family, our country and how we fly and operate in life have all changed.

We pray for our country and for those families lives that were never the same after this event too.

Nora St. Laurent
The Book CLub Network

0 comments:

Post a Comment