BOOK FUN MAGAZINE - FREE READ

CHRISTY AWARDS 2011 WINNERS


2011 CHRISTY AWARD WINNERS ANNOUNCED IN ATLANTA


ATLANTA – The 2011 Christy Awards presentation was held Monday eveying, July 11, 2011, at the Hyatt Regency Hotel in Atlanta during the International Christian Retail Show. The banquet featured a keynote address by celebrated screenwriter and director Randall Wallace and was emceed by New York Times best-selling and Christy Award-winning author, Liz Curtis Higgs. Christian fiction fans not able to attend the event in person were able to participate via a live blog on the Christy Awards website. An archive of the event can be accessed online at www.ChristyAwards.com

The Christy Awards honor the best in Christian Fiction in nine categories. The Christy Awards Advisory Board is pleased to announce the following winners of the 2011 Christy Awards.



CONTEMPORARY ROMANCE WINNER

SWORN TO PROTECT 
By DiAnn Mills

CONTEMPORARY WINNER

THE RELUCTANT PROPHET 
By Nancy Rue

CONTEMPORARY STAND-ALONE


ALMOST HEAVEN
By Chris Fabry

FIRST NOVEL - WINNER


HEARTLESS
By Anne Elisabeth Stengl

HISTORICAL WINNER


WHILE WE'RE FAR APART
By Lynn Austin

HISTORICAL ROMANCE WINNER


THE GIRL IN THE GATEHOUSE
By Julie Klassen


THE BISHOP
By Steven James

VISIONARY WINNER


TO DARKNESS FLED
By Jill Williamson

YOUNG ADULT WINNER


MOTORCYCLES, SUSHI & ONE STRANGE BOOK
By Nancy Rue

Oh, what a night!! I was so thankful I could be there that night to see the winners collect their trophies and hear their acceptance speeches!! I'll have pictures from that night that I'll be posting soon. I just got home last night from the ICRS conference and boy do I have lots to share!!

I'm still pinching myself about this weekend!! It truly is a weekend I'll never forget!!

Until Next time


Nora St.Laurent
The Book Club Network 
www.bookfun.org 

1 comment:

  1. My goodnes, what a wonderful list and I haven't had the privilege of reading any of them yet. It is great to see the increasing nyumber of categories awards also. Sincere congratulations everyone.

    ReplyDelete