BOOK FUN MAGAZINE - FREE READ

PICTURES FROM CHRISTY AWARDS JULY 11th 2011

Not only did I see authors, publishers and publicists fill the room but special friends as well. Bonnie Calhoun editor and chief of the Christian Fiction On-Line magazine was there along with Kim Ford who does the author interviews for the magazine. Bonnie also runs an author blog tour site called Christian Fiction Blog Alliance. I've talked to these ladies via email for years. It was definitely a delight to talk to them face to face!

GINA HOLMES was at the Christy Awards because her book Crossing Oceans was nominated for a Christy Award for Debut Novel. Gina Holmes spoke at Finding Hope Book Club last year we discussed Crossing Oceans, it was fun to see her again. Her new novel is Dry as Rain to hit shelves in Sept.2011. Gina also runs a blog site called Novel Journey that has changed to Novel Rocket!






I was thrilled to catch up with Ginny Yttrup author of WORDS!! - We had just met a few days before at a book signing at Life Way Mall of GA store.

Ginny Yttrup was speaking to Finding Hope Book Club Thursday night JULY 14th. I couldn't wait for my members to meet Ginny. She is so much fun and transparent!











MELANIE DICKERSON and I go way back (ok just a few years but it seems longer) I first met Melanie Dickerson on-line as she was the ACFW On-Line Book Club Coordinator before I took the job. I was her assistant for a few years before that and trained me to take over her duties when she became a published author and needed to focus full time on her writing.

Finding Hope Book Club had Melanie speak at our book club last year, they LOVED her book, THE HEALERS APPRENTICE. Melanie was nominated for a Christy Award in the category of Young Adult fiction. I was excited and nervous for her that night!









It was great fun to meet Julie Gwinn from B and H Publishing. Julie and I have been working together this year to promote fiction at The Book Club Network. It's been a pleasure to work with her and get to know new authors and their books. It was a treat to run into Julie at the Christy's.





The Keynote Speaker of the evening was RANDALL WALLACE. He is the screenwriter and director of amazing films like Brave Heart, We Were Soldiers and a few more. It was an incredible night. He made us laugh, cry and reminded us of the important things in life.



After the event Randall Wallace had a book signing and Tyndale Publishing gave away copies of Randall's new book THE TOUCH. I didn't get pictures of all the winners myself. Because I was standing in line waiting on a copy of Randall Wallaces' new book and for the chance to meet this amazing man!




HAPPY MEMORIES!!


CONGRATS TO ALL THE WINNERS
My husband and I were so thankful to have been there!


Nora St.Laurent
The Book Club Network
www.bookfun.org 

0 comments:

Post a Comment