BOOK FUN MAGAZINE - FREE READ

10 AUTHORS YOU NEED TO KNOW

Here are ten Christian authors I've met this year and LOVE their work (placed in random order)  These are authors to watch! CLICK on the authors name to read more about them and their books at the Family Fiction Magazine!! Fun! Fun! Fun!

  1. Julie Lessman
  2. Denise Hildreth Jones
  3. Allison Strobel
  4. Pamela Ewen
  5. Melanie Dickerson
  6. Kathi Macias
  7. Ginny Yttrup
  8. Meg Moseley
  9. T.L. Higley
  10. Elizabeth Musser
I run two "live" book clubs and I'm always looking for new novels and authors to discuss at book club. I'm looking for books that have something more to talk about then all of us saying, "Boy, that was fun!" I've had the honor of meeting many of these authors in person and hearing their writing journey. Also how they came up with the idea for their stories. What a delight it's been to talk with them..

Since I'm a visual learner I want to leave you with a lasting impression.And covers to look at when you got to the book store! Grin!





















These authors write amazing stories, ones that touch your heart, mind and emotions. When you read the last page of these books you'll  have had an experience you won't forget. You'll learn something and you might discover something about yourself you hadn't realized. These authors characters will leave a lasting impression on your mind and you'll wonder about them when you least expect it. The characters you read about will feel like new friends you want to hang out with. All these qualities and the authors well timed humor makes for a GREAT Book Club Pick!

HAPPY READING!!

Nora St.Laurent
The Book Club Network
www.bookfun.org 

16 comments:

  1. The only book you listed that I've read is Words, by Ginny Yttrup. I agree that it's fabulous! One of the best I've read this year. I will have to check out the others. And what a great idea for a blog post. I may steal your idea and soon and post my top 10 list of authors. Hope you don't mind! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANKS for stopping by Lynda. No I don't mind hearing your top 10 list. If you've read it and LOVE it give a SHOUT OUT!!

    Blessings

    Nora St.Laurent
    The Book Club Network

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh,Lynda; I wanted to add that this was a hard list to make. There are so many more authors I LOVE. But this list is the ones that I've read recently and their books touched me to the core of my being!

    These books made me laugh and cry! They are also candidates for my book club picks! Grin!

    Nora :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for including me, Nora. I'm honored. And now my TBR list has grown again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The First Gardner is a MUST read! Such a fabulous book!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Welcome Meg, I really enjoyed your book. There was so much food for thought and it was fun as well. A GREAT BLEND!!

    Can't wait for you to speak at my book club. Have fun at Sheryl's!

    Blessings

    Nora :o)
    The Book Club Network
    www.bookfun.org

    ReplyDelete
  7. The First Gardner by Denise Hildreth Jones was a debut of her many talents as a writer. She has written fun books that surprised you with things that made you go ouch! Hadn't expected that Holy spirit pinch. But The First Gardner is an amazing look at our relationship with Jesus when the rubber meets the road and you can't pick your head up out of bed. I loved how she wrote the Gardner in first person and the rest she didn't.

    Denise had characters that I instantly cared for and loved. She also balanced drama with her quick wit and humor. You walk away from this book with your soul touched, stirred and full of hope!

    Wow, what a book. You are So, So, Right Anne!

    Nora St.Laurent
    The Book Club Network
    www.bookfun.org

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, I happen to represent three of these authors, and I have to agree with you -- GREAT storytellers. Thanks for saying something, Nora.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, Nora, I'm honored to be included. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WHOA BABY, NORA, what a way to wake up ... this is better than ten cups of coffee!!!

    Thank you SO VERY MUCH for this incredible honor of being on a list of such incredible authors -- I am BLESSED and YOU are a DOLL!!!

    Hugs,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw, thanks, Nora!!! You made my day!
    Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am happy to say that because of Nora I have read many of these authors and a lot of these books. Great picks Nora!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have a lot of my very favorite authors on this list. I'll have to add the ones I haven't read yet to my pile since I think so highly of the others. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  14. My list would include Angela Benson, Tiffany L. Warren, Jody Hedlund, Christa Allan, Steven James, Susan May Warren, Rhonda McKnight, Tosca Lee, and Victoria Christopher Murray in addition to Julie Lessman. There are another five I'd list if I could.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for stopping by Margaret. Patricia you've mentioned some authors I haven't read before like Jody Hedlund, Tiffany L. Warren, Angela Benson, Rhonda McKnight and Victoria Christopher Murray. I'll definitely have to check these authors out. It's always fun to learn about new authors.

    I've read Tosca Lee, Susan May Warren, Christa Allan and i'm too chicken to read Steven James (but I've heard all about his books because my husband LOVES him).

    I haven't read any of their books lately that's why their names are not on the list. But All these authors have NEW books out I'm anxious to read. So many books, so little time.!!

    Thanks for letting me know about these authors Patricia!

    ReplyDelete