BOOK FUN MAGAZINE - FREE READ

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE

I'm looking forward to spending THANKSGIVING at Church. This will be the third year that my husband has made AMAZING Turkey's for the Thanksgiving Dinner we have at church. It's a very special time. It's not like being at my Mom and Dad's with my sisters and family but it's the next best thing when you are far away.

I'm thankful for my family  Mom and Dad (in heaven now) and my sisters and their family.  I do miss them and look forward to when we can laugh with each other again.

I have so much to be thankful for. So many people have prayed for us and stood by us these last several years. I'm thankful for my son's friends and their families who surprised us a few years ago. I'm also thankful that God uses the most unlikely people to get His mission accomplished. For that I'm eternally grateful.

I'm thankful for my husband and best friend, Phred, who works very hard to provide for his family and makes me laugh. He's not very good a keeping secrets but does go out of his way to surprise me when he can. He is a great cook, he's compassionate and thoughtful. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if you see him in the near future on the Cooking channel in a cook off competition or find him doing a book signing after writing his first suspense novel! My husband is a man of many talents and for that I'm thankful!

I'm thankful for my daughter, Hilary and for the hard decisions she's made in the last few years. I love her smile and her commitment to do the right thing, even when it's hard.  I love the way she loves her son, Brayden, dances with him and makes him laugh! It makes me smile! He's a good and dedicated mom! Grin!

I'm thankful for my grandson, Brayden and the sunshine and laughter he brings to our house and lives. I also love the way he runs out of his room doing the signing language for Eat and Please as he hurries for the kitchen.

I'm thankful for my son, Luke, who is a cheerful giver and can make me laugh. I appreciate his hard work and his determination to do the best he can do in whatever he undertakes. It's also thoughtful and compassionate like his dad, he's a helpful Uncle to Brayden. He's really into weight training and I'm sure he will figure out how to bench press the house one day! It could happen! Grin!

I'm thankful for my son, Isaac, who has had more challenges to over come than the average bear. I love his smile and the way he is determined to write the stories that the Lord has put in his mind. He works at it every day. He definitely surprises me with the stories he writes. He has some good ones too! I wouldn't be surprised if he writes a book or a screen play. He's also thoughtful and is a good Uncle to Brayden.

I'm thankful for the people I've worked with over the years at the Christian Book Store. They have been so supportive, and encouraging and understanding though so much. I wouldn't have made it these last few years without you. You all have been such an encouragement to me, my family and your were the brain child of the book club experience I've had with you all. Forever grateful for your love and support!

I appreciate the women in my book clubs you have been Jesus hands and feet to me. I am forever grateful for your prayers support and love through some very difficult times my friends. You all amaze me every month at how much you see in the books we read. Not only do you have a keen eye for detail but you are very encouraging to the authors as well. You've asked them questions that have made them smile. You have even had suggestions for their next series on how the stand-alone we just read could be made into a series. Yes, you've even had suggestions on future books they should write! I love that about you guys! Grin!

I'm thankful to my dear friend Lea who I've known since High School and lead me to the Lord. I thank God for you every day! I have felt your prayers for me my friend. Even though we are miles apart you always seem near.

I'm thankful for many more things but we'd be here all day! Grin!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE


Nora St.Laurent
The Book Club Network
www.bookfun.org

0 comments:

Post a Comment