BOOK FUN MAGAZINE - FREE READ

FREE KINDLE - THE NEXT TARGET by NIKKI ARANA



ABOUT BOOK: Award-winning novelist Nikki Arana (The Winds of Sonoma) brings her real-life ministry among Muslim women to bear in her newest. Arana's vivid imagery is imbued with spiritual force, and her pacing is fiercely powerful. The novel raises gripping issues of liberties, religion, and cross-cultural and cross-religious dialogue. ~ Publishers Weekly
About the Author

ABOUT AUTHOR: Author and speaker Nikki Arana has received numerous awards for her writing, including the American Christian Fiction Writers’ Book of the Year award and Christianbook.com Top 20 Novel of the Year for The Winds of Sonoma. Through her ministry, A Voice for the Persecuted, she inspires hearts toward evangelizing the Muslim community.

Q. Your novel was inspired by a true story. Could you tell us a little about that?

A. I have a ministry, A Voice for the Persecuted. I help persecuted Christians here in the United States. That is code for Muslims who convert to Christianity and are under the threat of death. Like my heroine, I know the importance of helping them find safety. That can be challenging and sometimes dangerous. But I believe that when I serve them, I serve Christ.

Q. Have you ever felt your own life was in danger?

A. Like my heroine, I have been in situations that force me to ask myself what price I am willing to pay to serve Christ. One in particular involved someone who converted to Islam. He was in a terrorist cell in a southern state here in America. He contacted me because they wanted him to train to be a suicide bomber and now he wanted out. I won’t go into any more detail but when he called me on my cell phone in the middle of the night I found myself questioning the calling I believed God had put on my life. It was actually the words of a Muslim apostate I had helped in the past that gave me the perspective I needed. He said to me at one point in his own journey to escape a Middle Eastern country, “I don’t care if I have to die here. I already gave my life to Christ.” Those words returned to me. And I found it to be truth. I already gave my life to Christ, what was there for me to fear?

Q. What movie most affected you when you were young. If you didn’t watch movies what book affected you most in your youth?

A Jane Eyre! Yep, I read it summer vacation between eighth grade and high school. Back in the day, kids weren’t allowed to come over when ones parents weren’t home. Both of mine worked so I was home alone all summer. I read a lot. I loved living through Jane’s eyes.

Q. What is the most special thing anyone has ever done for you?

A Besides Christ dying for me, it is God giving me my husband Antonio. That man has never made me cry in thirty-six years. People find that hard to believe. I always tell them, just ask my sons. Antonio still treats me like we’re dating. Our marriage was very unusual. He cleaned the stalls of my Arabian horses! It is a beautiful love story. It inspired my first novel, The Winds of Sonoma. The book won many national awards.

Q. A friend of yours has a time travel machine and will let you have it for a couple of days. What would you do with it? Any events you’d like to experience? If so which ones?

I would use it to go back to the time of Christ and hear Him speak and follow Him as he traveled from place to place.

Q. You are shipwrecked on an uninhabited tropical island with a group of Christians – all friends and relatives of yours. You all have to work as a team to survive. Many roles have to be filled. Which role do you think you’d play?

A It would be a leadership position. Past positions have taught me that I am an excellent organizer and a good manager of people. Including my friends and relatives! I’ve been in successful businesses with many of them.

Q. You've been given 48 hours to hang out with any two people (alive or dead). Who would you pick and what would you do?

A. First, my childhood friend, Charlene. She died when she was twenty-four. Oh, how I would love to see her again. We first met in the third grade and were inseparable after that. I think of her often. I would share with her all that has happened in my life since she left it. A wonderful husband, two sons, a granddaughter. A quick summary. Then all the remaining hours I would listen to what she has been doing in that beautiful place where she has been for the thirty-eight years that we’ve been apart.

Second, hmmm. I would want to spend 48 hours with Eduardo Verastegui. He is a Mexican actor who was going to play my husband in the movie based on The Winds of Sonoma when the rights were sold in 2007. (The crash of 2008 stopped production.) He has an incredibly inspiring personal story. He was at the height of fame as a Mexican soap opera star and singer when he encountered God. He gave everything up to follow that call. I admire him so much. I would love to hear him share his feelings and experiences about that journey.

Q. What three books did you love as a kid?

A. It’s been a long time since I was a kid. I’ve mentioned Jane Eyre. I loved the Nancy Drew series. Read one a day during those long summers. And Black Beauty. I loved horses.

Q. What three things would you rather not live without?

A. I’m thinking that “rather” is the operative word. Not things I can’t live without, but would “rather not” live without. . . . Having been on a thousand diets, I know for a fact I would rather not live without Mexican food. A good night’s sleep. Stable income.

Nora : Funny! Yes, these things you can most definitely live without but it wouldn't be as fun or enjoyable!! Grin!

ANY FINAL COMMENTS FOR READERS NIKKI?
Yes, I'm giving away FREE books on Kindle, Wednesday, May 16th through Sunday May 20th, AND the last TWO week.  It will be the 3 books from my award-winning series, starting with The Winds of Sonoma. There will also be a contest for a free Kindle! For details visit the News! page on my website www.nikkiarana.com

And if you want to help raise public awareness about The Next Target, while you're there click on the Media Kit and post the Banner code you find there on your website. That would be awesome.

The 3 books are being offered free. The Kindle contest is being set up by Cook and is on my Author Page.


Thanks Nikki for stopping by and letting us get to know you are your book. I'm THRILLED that you'll also be at THE BOOK CLUB NETWORK on TUESDAY JUNE 19th - 21st discussing your book The Next Target and GIVING AWAY 10 copies of this book! WOW!


MARK YOUR CALENDARS for TUESDAY JUNE 19th @ TBCN www.bookfun.org for 10 book give away. 
Also remember you can enter NOW for the Kindle at Nikki's FB Author Page http://www.facebook.com/nikkiaranaauthor

Nikki Arana
www.nikkiarana.com
Twitter: @nikkiarana
www.nikkiarana.com/blog
   
     ~ The Next Target ~

"Arana's vivid imagery is imbued
with spiritual force and her pacing
is fiercely powerful." ~ Publishers Weekly

I can't wait to read your book Nikki! It sounds powerful and suspenseful and something we need to be aware of!

Nora St.Laurent
The Book Club Network
www.bookfun.org 

3 comments:

  1. Nikki is a new-to-me author, I am looking forward to reading her books and getting to know her better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to know if you enjoy them. The book that is free on Kindle today won many national awards, including The Carol Award and it was named One of the Top Twenty Best Books of the Year. It's a romance, based on a true story! My story. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nikki's special way with words and detail captivated the very essence of intrige as page after page unfolds truth. From the very first page, it was all I could do to not peek over to the next. I felt the fear, the sadness and hopelessness of the abused Muslim women. Their love for family and fear of their husbands, who were so brutal they would snatch your child from your arms and hand over to a replacement they chose over you, all in the name of Allah. These women needed rescuing, but who could be brave enough to risk their lives, knowing their attempts may be futal not only for the mission but for the very ones they were trying to save. I wanted the book to go on and on and after reading the last page, I cannot wait until Nikki writes another.

    ReplyDelete