Banner

SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT LAURA FORD




THOUGHT FOR TODAY

ABOUT AUTHOR: LAURA FORD was born in Memphis, Tennessee, to a Southern Baptist missionary family. Ford holds a degree in theology with an emphasis in Christian Scriptures from Seattle Pacific University. She currently resides in Sugar Hill, Georgia with her husband and two daughters.


LAURA FORD DEVOTIONAL February 20, 2013

MORNING STAR 
“He heals the broken hearted and binds up their wounds.  He determines the number of the stars and calls each of them by name.”  Psalm 147:3-4

Can the God of all the universe,
Heal my broken heart?
God of lands the waters immerse,
Bind what has been torn apart?

Can the One who numbers all the stars,
Calling each by name;
Be the One to remove the solid bars,
That have bound me behind my shame?

Can the God of every living thing,
Love me as if I were His own?
Could He over me really dance and sing,
While I’m sitting here, crying alone?

Can I dare to think of my heart so bright,
Like a star, can it truly shine?
Could the Master hold out His light,
Over the stars and this heart of mine?

And if He knows each star by name,
Am I not just as favored as these?
Shining in the darkest of night, canst the same,
Be said of me?

So when I question His power to heal,
I have to wait and believe,
That soon the passing clouds will reveal-
The Morning Star living in me! 

~Laura Ford~


0 comments:

Post a Comment