BOOK FUN MAGAZINE - FREE READ

SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT BY AUTHOR LAURA FORD



THOUGHT FOR TODAY

ABOUT AUTHOR: LAURA FORD was born in Memphis, Tennessee, to a Southern Baptist missionary family. Ford holds a degree in theology with an emphasis in Christian Scriptures from Seattle Pacific University. She currently resides in Sugar Hill, Georgia with her husband and two daughters.

 Darkness and Light

“If I say, “Surely the darkness will overwhelm me, and the light around me will be night,” Even the darkness is not dark to You, and the night is as bright as the day. Darkness and light are alike to You.”  Psalm 139:11-12

This verse ought to bring overwhelming comfort to those of us who may find ourselves in an overwhelming state!  For if we truly believe that God governs both the day and the night, surely He must also govern both our good and bad circumstances.  Firm faith is lived in communion and consistency to Jesus Christ.  No matter what edge of uncertainty we are brought to, our faith must rely upon the God who stands beside us and the God who also stands below us.  Even when we come to taste the finality of death, still our Savior holds possession of our souls and will not hand us over to utter darkness.  The validity to completely trust our Lord is present; therefore our hearts and minds ought to rest in the undenied privilege of spending each day with our steadfast companion, Jesus Christ.   

With a faith not yet sight, to this prayer I will hold, And though my state may thus confound, Lord, let Thy truth be told.

I will refrain from all flights of my inconsistencies, And I will humbly still remember that My God is for me.

Since I do not know tomorrow’s course, the changes it may bring, One day at a time, to You, this song I will sing:

            “Your love is like a fountain, effervescently renewed,
            So with joy and delight, I will spend this day with You!

            As the sun breaks the morning, there is light to my eyes,
            And as the night gently closes, still You steady every sky.

            As Your glory fills the heavens, so elates my longing heart,
            And Your Word still sustaining, as its truth drives out the dark.

            So with seasons, constant changes, my heart shall cling to Thee,
            And by truth never failing, always faithful You are to me.

            See the night cannot cover, Lord, Your Glory oh so bright,
            For even light and darkness, Lord, to You are alike.”


~Laura Ford~

0 comments:

Post a Comment