BOOK FUN MAGAZINE - FREE READ

I LIKE GIVING by BRAD FORMSMA REVIEWED


 I Like Giving
By Brad Formsma
Published by Waterbrook Press
ISBN#978-1-60142-575-1
210 Pages

Back Cover: When you choose to live a generous life, you start to change and so does the world around you. Something incredible happens when giving becomes your own idea, not something you do out of duty or obligation.

When you move from awareness to action, miracles happen. As you make giving a lifestyle, you’ll realize you’re not only loving life more, you’re also creating a more generous world— a better world for all of us.

Rich with inspiring stories and practical suggestions, I Like Giving helps you create a lifestyle of generosity. Inside you’ll find:
• Giving—something you get to do, not something you've got to do.
• How to raise kids with a sensitivity to others’ needs.
• You don’t have to be a millionaire to make a difference.
• Practical ideas for giving to people around you every day.

I Like Giving is about experiencing the joy of giving. We all have something to give. Giving goes way beyond money or things. It can be a listening ear, a touch, or simply the gift of time. Giving is living

Review: I’m thankful for the review copy of a book that talked about ways to give. The author begins the book by exploring the power of one gift, then jumps into how to begin trying to give, what happens when we give, the science of giving, giving filters, tactics of giving, how giving can be a family affair, how to give as a community, in order to give someone needs to receive, and how everyone can become a gift to someone.

The author says, “There is something incredible about giving when it’s our idea…when we choose to give, we change and the people around us change. When we move from awareness to action, miracles happen…If you haven’t ever experienced the joy of giving, or it’s been a long time, this book will show you where to start…We never arrive. I’ve been discovering the joy of generous giving for many years, and I still feel as if I’m getting started….The best things in life are like that – they grow and never end.”

Brad Formsma is the creator of the website I Like Giving www.Ilikegiving.com , the site is viewed in more than 165 countries, which inspire people to live generously through its short films as well as a platform for anyone to share their experiences they’ve had in giving. Brad, his wife Laura, and their three kids live in Grand Rapids, Michigan.

I liked how this author walks people through finding giving opportunities. It’s not always about giving money. The power of one gift is transforming. Brad gives testimonies in this book that show how giving works. Great website to check out.

I've given and I've been the recipient of gifts that have changed the course of me and my family’s life. I am eternally grateful for those who gave and for the opportunities I had to bless others.  He gave me great ideas for giving in the future. This book is inspiring. The website will ignite your spirit and have you look for ways to give in your everyday life like never before. I highly recommend it.

Nora St.Laurent
TBCN Where Book Fun Begins www.bookfun.org 
The Book Club Network blog www.psalm516.blogspot.com
Book Fun Magazine www.bookfunmagazine.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment