BOOK FUN MAGAZINE - FREE READ

THE GIFT OF LOVE by AMY CLIPSTON REVIEWED




The Gift of Love
By Amy Clipston
Published by: Zondervan
ISBN#978-0-310-33134-6
224 Pages

ABOUT BOOK: In The Gift of Love, bestselling fiction author Amy Clipston shares her story of almost losing the love of her life to kidney disease and the ultimate sacrifice that kept their family together. An ordinary woman who cherishes family above all else, Amy was challenged in every way---from her strength of character to the depths of her faith to the close-knit family that surrounds her. Enduring the good, the bad, and the really bad, she was determined to help her husband once again be the husband and father their family needed.

Amy's story will give hope and encouragement to anyone who finds themselves waiting on God. Staring down adversity, Amy and her family received the most important gift of all, the gift of love. And regardless of your situation, this gift can be yours too.

An inspirational story of strength and determination, The Gift of Love is the triumph of one woman's faith against all odds, and a soul-filling reminder that no matter how hard life gets, it is worth fighting for.



ABOUT AUTHOR: Amy Clipston has been writing for as long as she can remember. Her fiction writing "career" began in elementary school when she and a close friend wrote and shared silly stories. She has a degree in communications from Virginia Wesleyan College and is a member of the Authors Guild, American Christian Fiction Writers, and Romance Writers of America. She is the author of the bestselling Kauffman Amish Bakery series with Zondervan, which is part of HarperCollins Christian Publishing. An advocate for organ and blood donation, Amy donated a kidney in 2011 at Johns Hopkins Hospital. Through her donation, her husband received a second kidney transplant. Amy and her husband matched another couple and swapped kidneys with them. Amy's memoir, A Gift of Love, will be available in early 2014. She hopes her story inspires others to become organ and blood donors. Amy lives in North Carolina with her husband, two sons, mother, and four spoiled rotten cats. You can find her on the web at www.AmyClipston.com   or on Facebook at www.facebook.com/AmyClipstonBooks

REVIEW: I’m thankful for a review copy that introduced me to this author and her amazing journey. I work at a bookstore and have seen the many fiction books this author has written. When I saw she wrote a non-fiction book I was curious to learn more about the woman behind the books she’d written.

I was hooked from the start, here’s the first sentence. “I need to talk to Joe. I’ve been hit…Joe! Pick up the phone! It’s Amy. It’s an emergency…A Semi hit me.”

Did that grab your attention? It did mine! Everyone was astounded that she survived the crash. Dr’s said, “Someone was looking out for you.”

Amy agreed. She said, “I thanked God over and over again for saving me from that accident, for gifting me with two darling sons, for blessing me with a loving husband and for giving me all of the Joys in my life…I believed..that accident was one of the most terrifying moments of my life, but I’m certain God’s angels protected me. I’m also certain one of the reasons I walked away from it all was so I could donate a kidney for my husband three years later. God needed my kidneys and He kept them safe.”

Amy is one brave lady; her story will encourage your faith and give you hope for no matter what you are going through. She gives readers a peek into her world as a caregiver, a mom, author who works full time at a day job so she can write books in her spare time at night! (What spare time. Grin!)Life can get difficult and messy at times. God will give us what we need when we need it. He’s always there. He sends people we need to encouraged us; pray for us and help us through. The author also showed in her book how love can shine in the darkness! It never ceases to amaze me how God knows everyone and connects us like no one else can, to accomplish His will for our lives.

This author concludes her book by saying, “I hope that this book can highlight the importance of blood and organ donation. These intimate donations of flesh and blood are not only a gift of love; they are for many people a precious gift of life.”

This is an inspiring story I recommend especially those who might be on the list for a transplant of a kidney and/or if you want to donate your kidney to give life to someone else. I will definitely be checking out some of Amy Clifton’s Christian fiction soon! You should too!

Nora St Laurent
TBCN Where Book Fun Begins www.bookfun.org
Finding Hope Through Fiction www.psalm516.blogspot.com

4 comments:

  1. We have this book in the church library. Once you start reading it, you will not be able to put it down. It is that good !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you on this one. It was an honest look at an overwhelming and inspiring journey! Thank the Lord for His encouragement and the support of friends and family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!! Thank you for the wonderful review!!! I'm so honored!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANKS Amy for stopping by. It was inspiring to read your book and all that your family went through. I appreciated your transparency. YOU ARE A BLESSING! Thanks for sharing your journey and being vulnerable! I know you will help many by sharing what you did! Sincerely, Nora :o)

      Delete