BOOK FUN MAGAZINE - FREE READ

LOUIE'S BIG DAY by MARIA I. MORGAN REVIEWED

Louie the Lawnmower
Louie’s Big Day
By Maria I. Morgan
Illustrated by Sherrie Molitor
Published by: Maria I. Morgan
ISBN#978-1-500-4585-84
24 full color pages PB

REVIEW: I’m thankful for the review copy of a book that introduced me to author Maria I. Morgan and Illustrated by Sherrie Molitor.

Louie is a lawnmower who has been purchased and is heading to his new home. He wonders what it will be like to finally do what he was made to do…mow a lawn. Before the big day arrives Louie remembers his friends back at the hardware store when he lived before. He did have fun with his friends there.
Louie’s big day arrives and it’s filled with surprises as he sets out to mow his first lawn. I liked the color illustrations and the story. It kind of reminded me a little of Thomas the train adventures.  Thomas and his friends would run into the craziest situations and have to work out hard issues some times. The author has discussion questions at the end to get everyone thinking about what they just read.

At the end there is a web address and a way for readers to get a free audio-book. This book is fun to look at and read.

Nora St Laurent
TBCN Where Book Fun Begins www.bookfun.org
The Book Club Network Blog www.psalm516.blogspot.com

Book Fun Magazine www.bookfunmagazine.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment