BOOK FUN MAGAZINE - FREE READ

ASHLEIGH SLATER TEAM US AUTHOR PEEK at BOOK FUN INTERVIEW FEB ISSUE

ASHLEIGH AND TED TEAM US BLOG POST to Promote Article in BOOK FUN FEB 2015


ABOUT AUTHOR: Ashleigh Slater is the author of the book, "Team Us: Marriage Together." In her writing, she loves to unite the power of a good story with biblical truth and practical application to encourage readers. For more information visit AshleighSlater.com 

I liked how you included interviews with other couples in the book to show how they worked together through some hard times. How did you find couples willing to share about their relationships in your book? How did you approach the interviews?

Ashleigh: All of the couples included in Team Us are actually friends of ours. I asked husbands and wives whom I knew had compelling “team-related” stories to share and were willing to tell them in an entertaining, engaging, and, most importantly, vulnerable way.
I didn’t really interview them, per se. Instead, I told them the specific topic I was looking for a story on – whether it was different interests in marriage or parenting – and then asked them to write down their story for me.
When I sat down to include the stories in the book, I tried to follow the formula I’d seen used in so many other books: that would be my retelling of their stories that included important quotes from them within it. But, as I did, I lost what I loved most about the stories I’d been trusted with – the personalities and voices of the individual couples. So I scraped that approach and decided to share their stories in their entirety. I think that ended up working really well.

Ted: Everyone loves a good story. That's probably why Jesus, the incarnate Word of God, the Author of our faith, told so many of them. That's why Ashleigh wanted to include such a variety of personal stories in her book. She is blessed to have so many friends who are such good writers. Most of what she received required very little editing beyond the occasional grammatical and style issues.
NORA: Love hearing about your Team work!
Out of all the sounds in the world which are your favorite? Why?

Ashleigh: Laughter. Especially the deep belly giggles of Ted and my girls. Laughter creates an atmosphere of joy and lightheartedness.

Ted: It's hard to pick between the gentle crackling of a cozy late-night fire in our living room, and the acidic snarl of a wicked dubstep bass drop. Both sounds touch my heart, though in slightly different ways.

NORA: Love this!

This is a peek into the fun I had interviewing this couple about her debut non-fiction book Team Us: Marriage together. I’m excited for you to learn about Ashleigh’s new book and their interview in Book Fun Magazine. 

Check out the Complete interview in BOOK FUN MAGAZINE


February issue. Click on this Link www.bookfunmagazine.com Learn how Ted proposed to Ashleigh and about some surprising jobs they've each had, If given the chance to ride in a time  machine learn where they’d like to go.

My husband and I enjoyed meeting this couple and I've been delighted to get to know them even more by reading their book and doing this interview.

I think TEAM US is an important read for dating couples, those engaged and even after you are married. It’s never too late to learn how to become a team in marriage.
See you at Book Fun Magazine www.bookfunmagazine.com
Nora St. Laurent
TBCN Where Book Fun Begins! www.bookfun.org
The Book Club Network blog www.psalm516.blogspot.com
Book Fun Magazine www.bookfunmagazine.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment