BOOK FUN MAGAZINE - FREE READ

JOURNEY INTO LOVE by NICOLA NEAL REVIEWED





Journey into Love
By Nicola Neal
Published by Destiny Image
ISBN#978-0-7684-4263-2
175 pages


Back Cover: This book tells the compelling story of a journey into the profound depths of god’s love; of the unquenchable grace He pours into and through our lives.

In March 2009, Nicola Neal moved with her family to live permanently in a nation none of them had ever visited.  All she had was God’s promise: “I am taking you there to teach you how to love.” After this step of obedience followed a rollercoaster adventure of dramatic highs and crushing lows as together they confronted the most unimaginable poverty and need.

Yet we read how, in the face of overwhelming circumstances and towering odds, love triumphs again and again. In this beautifully written book, Nicola shares timeless truths woven through extraordinary stories of love and grace.

REVIEW: I liked how the author describes this book. “So this is the story of my own ‘journey into love; of how love came down and restored me. Taking me from a place of brokenness, desperation and fear into a new world of life, joy and hope. And this is how we now have the privilege of having our lives used by God to rescue and see sectored countless others on the beautiful continent of Africa.”

The author gives an account of how they were lead to minister in Africa and how God provided for them and the mission. She shares many stories this is one about when a lady came up to her in church one day and asked this question, “Excuse me, can you tell me how much your mortgage payment is a month?” “I thought that this was a bit rude to ask a total stranger and I replied by giving a rough figure and asked her why she wanted to know. She quickly got out her check book and wrote a check for the exact amount, gave it to me, smiled and walked away.”

Nicola said they were late on paying their mortgage and shares, “I was stunned that I didn’t know what to do, but a thought immediately entered my mind that’s amazing but checks take four days to clear and I have no money to buy food for my son today.” “Instantly I was tapped on the shoulder by a young girl who handed me a pile of twenty-pound notes, smiled and said, “The Lord just told me to give you this. He says it’s to get you through the next few days and that you will know what that means.” I was totally astounded.”

The author says, “I have seen Jesus. I have seen his love cause the blind to see, the lame to walk and the broken to be restored. It has happened countless times, over and over, again and again and I know that scripture is true when it says, “Love never fails.” (1 Corinthians 13:8)

The author describes their families’ faith walk and how they found a joy they never imagined, scripture was made real, as they had a close encounter with God’s love. They were encouraged to keep dreaming even in the darkest times. 

She shares heartwarming, fascinating stories of God’s love in action. It’s a gripping account of a couples encounter with the most down trodden and how God gave them the strength, courage and perseverance to minister to this group who lived in the slums in the West side of Kampala. This couple answered the call to help the poor, needy, and the sick in Africa. Their story will tug at your heart and awaken your soul to how God works through you if you let him. I liked how she shares the struggles as well as the victories.

Woven into the authors’ personal account are short poems and narratives written by the Africa team about the children and/or events they experienced; included are revealing pictures from the communities they ministered to. This is an inspirational story you won’t soon forget. This author describes situations in a transparent and honest way that will capture your heart as you are made aware of the needs of communities, how God supplies and gives hope to everyone in these unbelievable living situations.

“I found love. It was a love that was real, a love that went deep, a love that never changed, a love without limits, a love without an agenda. It was there for me every morning, fresh and new. The love was transforming me from the inside out, healing my heart and changing my life.” The author goes on to say, “His love is always available to me. It is always reaching out to find me, even in the darkest places of my life. It is unchanging, never holding back, always strong, always dependable and ceaseless in its pursuit of me.”

She quotes Mother Teresa. She puts it so beautifully, “I am just a little pencil in the hand of a writing God who is sending a love letter to the world…” Be encouraged. Find out more. Visit their website Revelationlife.org.uk

Disclosure of Material Connection: #AD Sponsor from Destiny Image for The Book Club Network. I received a complimentary copy of this book from the publisher. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising”


Nora St Laurent
TBCN Where Book Fun Begins www.bookfun.org
The Book Club Network blog www.psalm516.blogspot.com

Book Fun Magazine www.bookfunmagazine.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment