BOOK FUN MAGAZINE - FREE READ

TO THE SEA by CALLIE GRANT REVIEWED

To the Sea
By Callie Grant
Illustrated by Jeremy Tugeau
Published by Graham Blanchard
ISBN#978-0-9897949-4-7
Board Book

Back Cover Blurb: As children imagine the sights, sounds, feelings, and tastes evoked in To The Sea, they can take part in one boy’s adventurous day there, with its surprises and rewards. In Graham Blanchard’s Learn, Absorb & Praise™ Collection, To The Sea is a Praise book, which wonders at the amazing miracles found in everyday life and praises the God who made them.

REVIEW: The illustrations are done in a beautiful water color that help set up the ocean experience and scripture verse for the reader. Graham Blanchard says they specialize in board books that “Help little ones growing their faith and to feel like they are having their very own ocean-side experience. As children imagine the sights, sounds, feelings and tastes evoked in the story, they can take part in one boy’s adventurous day there.”

This story reminded me of my own beach experiences with my children as they were going up. Now that I have grand-children I look forward to sharing this adventure with them. This book shows that we can be grateful for all things. I like that this is a board book so that the young ones can turn the pages all by themselves; no one has to worry about pages tearing.

The scripture in this book is from Gen 1:31 “And God saw everything that he had made, and behold, it was very good.”

Disclosure of Material Connection: #AD Sponsor Graham Blanchard for The Book Club Network. I received a complimentary copy of this book from the publisher. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising”

Nora St Laurent
TBCN Where Book Fun Begins www.bookfun.org
The Book Club Network blog www.psalm516.blogspot.com

Book Fun Magazine www.bookfunmagazine.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment