BOOK FUN MAGAZINE - FREE READ

TWO RENEGADE REALMS by DONITA K. PAUL REVIEWED


http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0310735815/ref=s9_psimh_gw_p14_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=desktop-1&pf_rd_r=06BBKNTR2Y3Q51EH0EBP&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=2079475242&pf_rd_i=desktop
Book 2

Two Renegade Realms
By Donita K. Paul
Published by Zondervan
ISBN#978-0310735816
416 Pages

About Book: In book two of the Realm Walkers Series, Cantor, Bixby, and Dukmee must band together to find the storied realm walker Chomountain after the devastating attack by the corrupt Realm Walkers Guild. But what they discover while traveling turns their mission upside down and they must now find a way to restore Chomountain.

REVIEW: I was first captured by the beautiful cover of this book. Second; I’ve read several of this authors books and loved reading them. This author usually writes for middle readers 5-8th graders. Her stories are dragon adventures filled with fun, and fantasy. It’s a great escape. I like that all of the dragons in her books are very different, unique (just like people) I couldn’t wait to jump into this magical world filled with dragons and mystery. What I didn’t realize when I ordered this title is this was book two in the Realm Walker series.

I tried several times to read this book all the way thru but there was so much missing that other readers would have grasped from book one. This book is not a stand-alone novel. I couldn’t wrap my mind around and follow the story line.  I found it hard to navigate my way through this fantasy world and connect with the place and its characters. I was lost. I didn’t know the, who, what, where, why and when. I’m going to try this book again once I’ve read book one in the series titled, One Realm Beyond.


Disclosure of Material Connection: I received a complimentary copy of this book from the publisher through the BookLook Blogging program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising”

Nora St Laurent                                               
TBCN Where Book Fun Begins www.bookfun.org
The Book Club Network blog www.psalm516.blogspot.com 

Book Fun Magazine www.bookfunmagazine.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment