BOOK FUN MAGAZINE - FREE READ

GOD GAVE US THANKFUL HEARTS by LISA TAWN BERGREN REVIEWED


God Gave Us Thankful Hearts
Lisa Tawn Bergren
Artist David Hohn
Published by Waterbrook
ISBNE978-1-60142-874-5
40 Pages

BOOK COVER: Adventurous Lil Pup is bummed that hibernating season will soon be coming to the Great North Woods. Why should so many of his friends have to go in for the winter and leave Lil Pup without pals? Mama reminds her little wolf that not all animals hibernate, and how he can be grateful for the beautiful autumn season – for jumping in leaf piles, eating apple treats, and celebrating the wonders of fall with his forest friends.  And she points out…

“I think the trick to having a thankful heart is thinking about the things that make us happy, rather than the things that don’t.”

As Mama and Lil Pup explore, she reminds him that God is the giver of all good things. Lil Pup learns that even when something fun comes to an end; his heart can be thankful when he sets his mind on the best things in his life.

This inviting addition to the best-selling God Gave Us series, with nearly 2.5 million books sold, helps little ones to understand how giving thanks warms hearts and brings joy.

REVIEW: When I saw this children’s book written by an author I’ve enjoyed I wanted to read it. The cover was lovely and made me want to look inside. I liked many things the Pup and his mom discussed this is one that started their journey. “The trick to having a thankful heart,” Mama said, “is thinking about the things that make us happy, rather than the things that don’t.”

“Hmm, Like What?”

Little Pup and his mom start searching their hearts and the world around them to discover many things they are grateful for, including the leaves falling and the winter that was quickly approaching. They came up with many things to be thankful for.

This is a story that would be great to bring out before Thanksgiving day and great to read the rest of the year. The artist brings the story to life with an array of fall colors used in the sweet beautifully colored illustrations. I can’t wait to read this with my grand-kids. It’s definitely a warm and cozy story! One that will make you smile and feel good inside. I highly recommend it.

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received a complimentary copy of this book from Blogging for books site. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising”

Nora St. Laurent
TBCN Where Book Fun Begins! www.bookfun.org 
The Book Club Network blog www.psalm516.blogspot.com 
Book Fun Magazine www.bookfunmagazine.com 

0 comments:

Post a Comment