BOOK FUN MAGAZINE - FREE READ

SPOKEN FROM THE HEART CONNECTIONS by CHERI SWALWELL REVIEWED

Spoken From the Heart
By Cheri Swalwell
Published by Spoken From the Heart
ISBN#978-069-2260357
138 Pages

ABOUT BOOK: How do you know if you've ever heard God's still small voice? Do you want to study the Bible but don't know where to begin? Spoken from the Heart: Digging Deeper was created out of my desire to learn more about the God I serve. The closer I grew in my relationship with Him, the more I wanted to learn about why He does what He does. What I've found is the more I seek to understand my Father, the more He reveals about Himself. As I learn what He wants to show me, my desire grows stronger to dig even deeper. I challenge you to try it. Join me on this adventure and after we're done, I pray you will in turn be excited to seek God with the questions you have and begin to dig deeper for yourself. So let's get started. Just as in the spring when people begin to dig in the dirt, together let's dig a little deeper into God's Word.

REVIEW: This is a 32 day devotional by an author that is passionate in her pursuit of a personal relationship with Jesus. I like the way she shares in these devotionals with honesty and a tender heart. These devotions reveal the authors gentle spirit and love for God and others; at the same time they will encourage your soul. I wanted to share part of a devotion that encouraged me on Day 9 titled “World Thinking.”

“When we pray, God hears more than we say, answers more than we ask, gives more than we imagine…in His own time and in His own way.” (This is a quote from an unknown author) She continues, “The world teaches us to be self-reliant and to work hard for rewards…while climbing the corporate ladder. The world tries to falsely convince us it’s all part of the game.”

“God’s view is opposite thinking. He also wants us to work hard, but as it says in Psalm 127:1 “Unless the Lord builds the house, the builders’ labor in vain…He wants the bible to be our guide in every situation.”

“…I find for myself when I began my day reading from God’s word, the rest of my day flows better. I’m reminded of how God wants me to live my life and it’s easier to keep world thinking in its proper place. God is a God of love and the commands He gives me to live by are for my benefit, not to punish me or make my life miserable. When I keep my priorities in the right order, then I’m able to have a great relationship with my family and be successful.”

The author then has an encouragement prayer at the end of each day to help you start your communication with the heavenly father. She says, “Thank you for spending time with me. Through these pages. I pray these words challenged, encouraged and filled you with hope regarding the significant relationships in your life. Do you want to take them deeper, help them become more meaningful, and grow stronger?”

“…Consider me that friend who’s bringing you to the “party of the decade,” or encouraging you while we drink coffee one-on-one. I invite you to join me as we explore different ways to connect with those around us and ultimately with the one who guides us into genuine connections with everyone we encounter.”

I like this author’s heart and style of writing. It does feel like you’ve sat down with a friend who cares. She is vulnerable and transparent in her devotions. She doesn’t have it all together but has a love for Jesus and others that is contagious. This is the first devotion I’ve read by this author it won’t be the last.

ABOUT AUTHOR: Cheri Swalwell is a Christ follower who thoroughly enjoys her calling to be a wife, mother, and writer, in that order. She has the privilege to write regularly for Book Fun Magazine and LIFE TO THE FULLEST. Cheri is also a contributing author for the book, 31 Devotions for Writers. Her book series, Spoken from the Heart, is available through eBook and paperback at Amazon.

To read one of her many articles on life from a Christian perspective, visit her blog at:http://bit.ly/1gRp9oK. She loves to interact with her readers, so send her an email at clSwalwell99@gmail.com. You can “like” her on Facebook below:www.facebook.com/pages/cheri-Swalwell.

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received a complimentary copy of this book from the author. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising”

Nora St. Laurent
TBCN Where Book Fun Begins! www.bookfun.org
The Book Club Network blog www.psalm516.blogspot.com

Book Fun Magazine www.bookfunmagazine.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment