BOOK FUN MAGAZINE - FREE READ

HUNGRY MIGHTY FINE SAUCE by SHELLIE RUSHING TOMLINSON REVIEWED

Hungry is a Mighty Fine Sauce
By Shellie Rushing Tomlinson
Published by Shiloh Hill
ISBN#978-1-63409-782-6
224 Pages

ABOUT BOOK: Shellie Rushing Tomlinson, the Belle of All Things Southern, is serving up down-home southern dishes with a healthy side of laugh-out-loud entertainment in Hungry Is a Mighty Fine Sauce. Featuring dozens of tried-and-true recipes complemented by entertaining stories, your hunger--and your craving for humor--are sure to be satisfied! Uncomplicated, delicious recipes including Bodacious Black Bean Salad and Spicy Sausage and Crawfish Spread (125 recipes, to be exact!) fall into categories including Feeding the Funny Farm, Carnivores Are Us, Holidays in Dixie, and Watching the Curves. Eye-catching photos, guaranteed to make your mouth water, are included throughout . . . sure to be a much-appreciated gift or centerpiece on your very own kitchen counter top.

REVIEW: Sometimes I receive surprise books in the mail to review; this was one of them. Not only did I receive 125 Recipes with 80 full color photos inside this book I was introduced to an author whose stories are hilarious. The sections titled Connect with Shellie are sprinkled throughout the book and helped the reader get to know her and her family. The author says, “This cookbook is dedicated to the food of my raising and the hand that prepared it. I’d rather put my feet under your table and swap stories with family and friends than place them under the most celebrated five-star restaurant around.…To treasured readers – Thank you for the friendship and the support. Now put your feet under my table and let’s chat.”

Subtitle to this book says it all, “Recipes and Ramblings from The Belle of All Things Southern” Here are some of the recipes I’d like to try Apple Sauce Breakfast Muffins – Parmesan Bread Bites, Summer’s Shrimp and Feta Cheese PoBoys, Simplest Cathead Biscuits Ever, Chili Cheese Corn Muffins, Pumpkin Bread, Broccoli and Cheese Corn bread, Cheesy Shrimp Spoon Bread, Buttermilk Chicken, Challenging Fish Taco’s Black Olive and Salsa Chicken. (Heck truth be known I want to try all the recipes in this book and most likely will be years end! LOL!)

Below is a peek at this author’s fun personality and wit in the section titled Appetizers to Take the Edges Off – Thoughts on Love and War
“Where there is strife, there is pride.” Prov 12:10 NIV:

The author says, “…In the middle of my story telling you will find me sharing recipes, be seeing as how I believe that all the best recipes come with a story, there’s only one thing left to say, Have a seat, folks let’s chat.”

She continues, “I had to wait a good long while to tell this story, but ever since I got clearance from the parties involved, I’ve been busy telling it here, there, and yonder. It’s just too good. I even put it in my storytelling CD, Y’all Asked for It, a work of love so titled because folks had been asking me for audio recordings of my stories at my product table. I can work this tale into most any speech, given a minute or two to come up with a clever segue, but it’s a perfect opening for a chapter on love and war.” (You’ll have to get the book to read the rest of the story LOL!)

Not only is this book jam packed with mouthwatering Southern dishes it’s filled with fun stories that will make you smile, and laugh as you get to know who Shellie Tomlinson is. I’d never heard of her before being sent this ARC review copy. She’s hilarious. I’ll be checking out her radio program as I make some of these yummy easy to make dishes for friends and family who are not on the gluten-free journey I'm on. I did see some recipes I could eat too! Grin!


ABOUT AUTHOR: Shellie is the fun-loving energetic storytelling host of ATS LIVE, a radio talk show that airs live every Monday evening on TALK 540 out of Monroe, Louisiana. In addition, her pretaped All Things Southern radio segments air Monday through Friday on 28 affiliates across the south. Shellie is a popular humorist, speaker, and the author of the nonfiction humor titles Suck Your Stomach In and Put Some Color On” and Sue Ellen’s Girl Ain’t Fat, She Just Weighs Heavy!” Both received nominations for SIBA Nonfiction Book of the Year and led Jeff Foxworthy to call her, "Laugh out loud funny!" Kori and Missy Robertson of A&E's Duck Dynasty endorsed Shellie's latest release and debut book in the faith market, Heart Wide Open, saying it will fuel your desire for a deeper relationship with God. Watch for Shellie's upcoming storytelling cookbook, "Hungry is a Mighty Fine Sauce", set to be released from Barbor Publishing October 2016.

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received a complimentary copy of this book from the publisher. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising”

Nora St. Laurent
TBCN Where Book Fun Begins! www.bookfun.org 
The Book Club Network blog www.psalm516.blogspot.com 
Book Fun Magazine www.bookfunmagazine.com 

0 comments:

Post a Comment