BOOK FUN MAGAZINE - FREE READ

POP MANGA COLORING BOOK REVIEWED


 Pop Manga Coloring Book
By Camilla d’Errico
Published by: Watson-Guptill; Clr Osm Edition
ISBN# 978-0399278472


REVIEW: Here I am coloring again and loving it. The cover of this coloring book caught my eye. I’m not familiar with this artist or the Pop Manga pictures. I just wanted a chance to color these pages; they are really unique pictures; not like anything else out there.



My son says that this is a popular style that the kids have gone crazy over.  Note from the author: “In this collection, I hope to provide you with a really interesting and unique experience. I want whomever picks up this book and flips through its pages to feel an irresistible urge to fill in all its images with all sorts of vivid colors…..I have re purposed some of my artwork, adding cool patterned backgrounds to fill the negative space – and to give you more elements to color!”

I have a sample of uncolored pages from this book and the two that I colored. I had fun and felt free to create with colors and coloring style. The only thing I wished this artist had done in the book was make the girls smile. My son said that this is not what this genre is all about! I’ll have to look into that. I enjoyed the pages I colored. They made me think outside the box in reference to colors  and style. I look forward to coloring the other pages inside.

I’ll have more information about coloring featured here soon! I'll be talking about where the best collection of supplies are and different ideas for coloring! I'd love to hear your input!
 
ABOUT BOOK: Manga artist and Pop Surrealism superstar Camilla d’Errico presents her first ever adult coloring book, filled with portraits, patterns, and the stunning artwork her fans and collectors have come to love.

This one-of-a-kind book offers you the opportunity to collaborate with d’Errico, adding your colors to her gorgeous black and white linework. Featuring everything from haunting and surreal character portraits to pages filled with patterns and designs all rendered in d’Errico’s inimitable style, Pop Manga Coloring Book is guaranteed to provide hours of coloring fun and excitement.



ABOUT AUTHOR: Camilla d'Errico is an Italian-Canadian comic illustrator and Fine Arts painter. Her illustration and publication clients include Dark Horse Comics, Image Comics, Slave Labor Graphics, BOOM! Studios, Simon and Schuster and more. Camilla's comic illustration projects range from her personal passion project Tanpopo to collaborative projects with Neil Gaiman and Grant Morrison. Find her titles Burn, Sky Pirates of Neo Terra, Tanpopo, and The Art Of Camilla d'Errico vols 1 & 2 on Amazon or in your local book store.

HAPPY COLORING!
Nora :o)
TBCN Where Book Fun Begins!

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received a complimentary copy of this book from Blogging for books site. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising”

Nora St. Laurent
TBCN Where Book Fun Begins! www.bookfun.org
The Book Club Network blog www.psalm516.blogspot.com
Book Fun Magazine www.bookfunmagazine.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment