BOOK FUN MAGAZINE - FREE READ

SHAKEN by TIM TEBOW REVIEWED

Shaken
By Tim Tebow
With A.J. Gregory
Published by: Waterbrook
ISBN#978-0-4352-8986-4
224 Pages


ABOUT BOOK: Who are you when life is steady? 
Who are you when storms come?

Most of us have been on the receiving end of rejection, a broken dream, or heartbreak. And while this is not an easy space to go through, when we are grounded in the truth, we can endure the tough times.

In this powerful book, Heisman Trophy winner Tim Tebow passionately shares glimpses of his journey staying grounded in the face of disappointment, criticism, and intense media scrutiny. Following an exceptional college football career with the Florida Gators and a promising playoff run with the Denver Broncos, Tebow was traded to the New York Jets. He was released after one season. 

In Shaken, Tebow talks about what he’s learned along the way, building confidence in his identity in God, not the world. This moving book also features practical wisdom from Scripture and insights gained from others who have impacted Tebow in life-changing ways. 

Though traveling hard roads is not easy, it’s always worth it!

REVIEW: I’m not into sports but the title and the author of this book, Shaken grabbed my attention. I’ve heard of Tim Tebow and wanted to know more. He asks readers this question, “When life shakes you up – Who are you? Who do you cling to?”

I was pleasantly surprised by how transparent he was as he lifted the veil to give readers a peek. As he takes readers for a walk in his shoes, they quickly see it’s not all fame and glory. His world was shaken up a few times which had him asking the question, “Who Am I when something that has defined me my entire life is gone? Taken away.”

Tim Tebow shares what keeps him grounded. He says it like this, “Who Am I? I am an object of His (God’s) love.”…I am a child of God. My foundation for who I am is grounded in my faith. In a God who loves me. In a God who gives me purpose….God is love….”His love gives Tim Tebow the foundation and courage he needs to step out of his comfort zone and do what he feels called to do.

He’s created and helped fund a foundation that brings Hope, Faith and Love to children all over the world. It’s called Orphan Care. He also helps a medical facility called Tebow Cure Hospital. His foundation sponsors a yearly event titled Night to Shine. (It’s like prom night)

In the book Tim talks with Mark Stuart, former lead singer of Audio Adrenaline who knows what it feels like to have your identity shaken by the unexpected. He says, “God was authoring a bigger picture, “Mark told me. He always gifts you to where He wants you to be in spite of yourself.”

Mark is asked this question often, “Don’t you miss singing? “The answer is always the same. “God has always healed me. I lost my voice as a singer so I can be a voice for the kids.”


Tim says, “Mark has not allowed a significant loss to define who he is. He is more than a rock star. More than a performer. More than a singer.”

Tim says, “Remember. When no team wanted me as their quarterback. I had to keep reminding myself over and over that God has a purpose…Some days it was easy to believe; other days it was a struggle.”

He was also reminded that God can do a lot with what we think is a little. He tells readers of the story in the bible of a little boy who gave his lunch – 5 loaves and two fish to help feed everyone. “He can take something small (like the boy’s lunch) and use it to perform a miracle. He can do the same with you….me.”

He quoted Martin Luther King, “Faith is taking the first step even when you don’t see the whole staircase.”

I was pleasantly surprised and very encourage by the things he shared about in this book.  He is transparent, gritty and real. Tim Tebow is surrounded with people who are steadfast and faithful to God. He doesn’t get it perfect most times but he keeps keeping on no matter what comes his way.

Tim Tebow introduces readers to some hero’s he’s met. People that inspire and encourage him. I was amazed at how grounded and down to earth this young man is. I was also surprised by the foundation he has and the fact that his family were missionaries in the Philippines.

There is a lot of shaking going on in our world and I like this man’s outlook on life and how he deals with times that turn our world upside down. I’m thankful for the opportunity get to know the man behind the name, to read this book and share it with readers.


Disclosure of Material Connection: I received a complimentary copy of this book from the Blogging for books site. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising”

Nora St. Laurent
TBCN Where Book Fun Begins! www.bookfun.org
The Book Club Network blog www.psalm516.blogspot.com
Book Fun Magazine www.bookfunmagazine.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment