BOOK FUN MAGAZINE - FREE READ

ALL IS BRIGHT CHRISTMAS COLORING DEVOTIONAL REVIEWED


ABOUT BOOK: This Christmas season, celebrate the birth of our Savior through beautiful design and devotion. Grab your colored pencils, cozy up with your favorite blanket and a cup of tea, and settle in for a night of peace and wonder with All Is Bright. For lovers of the Secret Garden and Enchanted Forest coloring books, All Is Bright is the perfect way to transform the Advent and Christmas seasons for your whole family, re-centering the holidays on the miracle of Jesus’ birth. Combining 31 days of rich content by the beloved and inspirational Nancy Guthrie with intricate designs that will reconnect you with the heart of Christ, this coloring book devotional journey reminds us all of what the season really calls us to: worship.

REVIEW: I have included a few pages I've colored in this book. I think it's a book that can be used all year long. I started coloring this devotional book before Christmas and found that I wanted to spend more time on coloring the pages and soaking in the devotion.

Once you've completed the coloring pages it can be used again. In the back the author has activities that can be done with your family. There are discussion starters and coloring pages for little ones as they look forward to the holiday season. It will help you get across to them the significance of who Jesus is and what he came to do. The topics are The Spirit of Giving scripture reference Acts 20:35, At Home with Jesus John 1:14. Faith to Believe Luke 1:28-30. Jump for Joy Luke 1:41-44. The Gift of Jesus John 1:12 NIV Discussion starter is from Romans 8:32. Ending prayer "Jesus, we receive you! We welcome you into our home and into our hearts this Christmas. Show us what it means to unwrap this incredible gift we've been given and put you at the very center of our day-to-day lives."

There are several more topics I didn't list. Just wanted to give you a sample of what she to help you and your family ready your hearts for Christmas.

This is a devotion I will refer to all year long.
 ABOUT AUTHOR: "God has been preparing me my whole life for teaching his Word," says Nancy Guthrie. "He has blessed me with so many sound Bible teachers to sit under--from my days as a college student in Bible classes, to terrific Bible Study Fellowship leaders, gifted pastors -- as well as several teachers like Tim Keller and John Piper that I listen to almost daily on my ipod." 

Nancy's life experience--dealing with the loss of two of her children--has significantly affected her teaching substance and style. "I've had to dig into God's Word in search of answers to hard questions about how he works, …my listeners usually have the same struggles and questions. And while I openly share the deep hurts in my life, I also like to laugh. People who hear me teach say that I'm very real, and that is certainly what I want to be." "To me, God's Word is a treasure to be mined," Nancy says. "The deeper I go in it, the more I see its wisdom, the more it authenticates itself, the more it reveals to me the amazing mystery of God."  








The devotion is on the left and the coloring page is on the right. I liked many of the pictures that took a few days to color. I didn't a little bit here and there.

Disclosure of Material Connection: I purchased this book Amazon. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising”

Nora St. Laurent
TBCN Where Book Fun Begins! www.bookfun.org
The Book Club Network blog www.psalm516.blogspot.com

Book Fun Magazine www.bookfunmagazine.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment