BOOK FUN MAGAZINE - FREE READ

I AM DEVOTIONAL REVIEWED


I Am Devotional
By Diane Stortz
Published by Tommy Nelson
ISBN# 978-0-7180-9673-1
205 Pages

ABOUT BOOK: The God Who Saves. The God Who Provides. The Holy One. The names of God tell us who He is and how He loves us—explore the glory and the goodness of God in I Am Devotional.  

Children will learn to trust God in everything as they learn about the names and character of God in the I Am Devotional. Through 100 devotions, children will see how God’s names reflect His love, strength, trustworthiness, etc., and what that means as they develop a strong faith.

Name of God: I AM
Meaning: God is to be worshiped
Application: Worship God by how you live!

Diane Stortz has a proven history of connecting well with both children and parents in her writing. With sales of 500,000 inspirational books for children, Diane is a trusted name for Christian families. The art of Diane Le Feyer has captivated readers of I Am and will continue to delight in this accompanying devotional with vibrant illustrations throughout and a vivid cover embellished with foil and lots of striking glitter.
The I Am Devotional is the perfect companion to I Am, the Bible storybook that first introduced children to the names and character of God.

REVIEW: I was blown away by the hardback cover, how it glows and the fact that it’s textured and sparkles. I also thought the animated illustrations by Diane LeFeyer were inviting and beautiful. This devotional starts out with a short note to parents and kids letting them know how to use this devotional and what to look forward to.

I loved how this devotional started out with Moses and the burning bush and what God told him his name was. The next devotional looks into What’s in a name? The author talks about names and that many of the names in the Bible often told about the person. She talks about Adam and Eve and what their names meant. Then she says that sometimes God changed people’s names to reflect a change in who they were.

The author states, “God’s names have meaning. I am Who I Am is the name God told Moses, but the Bible has many other names for God. As you go through this book and learn more of God’s names, you will get to know Him better and trust Him more. And you can start today!”

Devotions in this book are based on forty of the many names for God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit found in scriptures. They are written to help children develop an understanding of what the names tell us about God, how we should respond, and how we can see those characteristics of God at work in our own lives.

Each devotion includes discussion questions, prayer, and a Go Deeper Bible verse to explore. Families can work through the book together, and older children can enjoy using the book for grown-up-style devotions on their own. I liked that it also had a section that asked the kids questions that made them think like, “Have you ever made a promise you couldn’t keep? What happened? What do you think is the best thing about God’s promises and power? It helps make things a little more engaging.

The author states, “my prayer is for Psalm 9:10 to be true for you and your children every day: “Those who know your name put their trust in you” Has a purple ribbon to mark your place

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received a complimentary copy of this book from the BookLookBlogger site.  I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising”

Nora St. Laurent
TBCN Where Book Fun Begins! www.bookfun.org
The Book Club Network blog www.psalm516.blogspot.com
Book Fun Magazine
SVP of Promotions 

0 comments:

Post a Comment