BOOK FUN MAGAZINE - FREE READ

THE HARVEST BAKER by KEN HAEDRICH REVIEWED


The Harvest Baker
By Ken Haedrich
Published by Storey Publishing
9781612127675
Pages 304

ABOUT BOOK: Let them eat cake — and vegetables, too! Award-winning cookbook author Ken Haedrich serves up 150 delicious baked goods that are full of fresh fruits, vegetables, and herbs and go far beyond zucchini bread and carrot cake. From Bacon, Cheddar, and Fresh Corn Muffins to Fresh Fennel and Italian Sausage Pizza, Spaghetti Squash and Parmesan Quiche, and Brown Sugar Rhubarb Tart Squares, these scrumptious recipes add nutrition plus amazing flavor to every meal of the day. The breadth of this collection is stunning, and you’ll be amazed that baked goods this tasty also deliver your daily dose of fresh vegetables.


Baked Beet and Blueberry

Ricotta, Lemon Blueberry
REVIEW: I was thrilled to find a cook book with recipes that are delicious and easy to make. Every recipe I tried in this book turned out and my family loved them. Every bite I took tasted like an explosion of yummy flavors. I was pleasantly surprised by the combinations of fruits and vegetables and how well they went together. I didn’t tell my family what was inside the muffin until they were raving about how the wonderful it tasted. For example, I made a beet and blueberry muffin. I never would think to put those together. What a wonderful taste. All these muffins were so fluffy and filled with wonderful flavors.

The recipes in this book are easy to follow and the ingredients are easy to find. I like how the author talks about the recipe before he tells you how to make it. There are dozens of beautiful color pictures sprinkled throughout the book along with helpful hints.

The recipes I tried and LOVED are Whole-Wheat Blueberry Beet Muffin, Bacon, Cheddar, and Fresh Corn Muffins, Ricotta, Lemon, and Blackberry Muffins, Peanut Butter and Apple Crumb Muffins, Glorious Morning Muffins, Butternut Squash Crumb Muffins, Great American Potato Bread and Cheddar and Vegetable Bread-A-Saurus loaf.
Baked Bacon, Cheese Onion
This author has written other books. This is his newest. I’ll definitely be checking out his other books. It’s rare to have so many wonderful recipes my family loved one book. Looking for some new family favorite for breakfast, lunch, dinner snack just take a peek inside. You’ll be glad you did.

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received a complimentary copy of this book from the publisher. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising”

Nora St. Laurent
TBCN Where Book Fun Begins! www.bookfun.org
The Book Club Network blog www.psalm516.blogspot.com
Book Fun Magazine
SVP Promotions

0 comments:

Post a Comment